Weird Al megathread

The only artist to turn him down was Prince.

Yes weird Al is cool.

But Primus sucks.

The best thing about Amish Paradise was one of the times I saw Weird Al in concert (I’ve gotten to see him three times! :smiley: ) there was a deaf person in the front row and they had two hand signers for the person. The two were both amazing and were swapping every other song and both were super getting into it. When he played Amish Paradise, the hand signer doing that one signed it while doing a gangster lean and such. LOL It was AWESOME! I almost spent as much time watching the hand signers as I did the show itself. :smiley:

3 Likes

Vivianne Medrano wanted him to voice Lucifer inHazbin Hotel. I can’t picture the devil sounding like the guy who sang “Still Billy Joel to Me.”

That’s great :heart_eyes_cat:. I’ve only had the chance to see him in concert once, when I took my sister in '08. I love Amish Paradise (actually, Bad Hair Day is my favorite of his albums and the first I bought on CD though I had In 3D, Even Worse, and Alapalooza on cassette at the time)…but, though the image on the video I linked shows Amish Paradise ('cause this particular version of the song is from the Amish Paradise single and not Bad Hair Day), the song is actually The Night Santa Went Crazy, which remains my favorite of his to this day.

1 Like
1 Like

After The Night Santa Went Crazy, probably my 2nd and 3rd favorites from Weird Al are

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

First one that popped into my head.

1 Like
3 Likes

Man, that really takes me back.

… I’m old.

Dare to be Stupid is definitely one of my favorites.

Another good one (but long) is…

AAAALBUQUERQUE!

2 Likes

Another good one is Party in the CIA

3 Likes

ok… i decided to choose this as my favorite song.

he did.

:rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit:

3 Likes

Yeah, AIs are pretty weird.

Fine choice. We listened to that album countless times across many road trips as kids. This song is the highlight to me. It’s been quoted in my family for over 30 years.

Not necessarily my favourite of his, but definitely one worth mentioning just for its sheer cleverness. It’s all palindromes!

4 Likes

Amish Paradise
White and Nerdy

So many!

2 Likes

I think it’s better than the original, which is a more questionable song than “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

And if you pay attention to the video for this song, you’ll see the dig at Alanis Morissette :rofl:

2 Likes
4 Likes

The dude is legit the best.

I really like his work on comedy bang bang

3 Likes