Weekly Pet Battle Challenge Not Resetting

It didn’t reset for me last week, but I figured maybe that’s because a full week hadn’tp assed since I completed the quest Wailing Critters. So I was really looking forward to today and the reset of the weekly quest, so that I could finally do it, complete that achievement, and get my Son of Skum.

I’m loving pet battles, but so many of my pet quests are broken. I’m no longer given quests to go battle zone pet tamers. The weekly pet challenge dungeon quests (Wailing Caverns and Deadmines) won’t reset (and I assume that’s why I’m not given any other pet dungeon quests).

I’d love to find out why I can’t continue with these quests. I’vr ompleted every quest that lead up to them breaking.

I know pet battles is old content for many of you, but this is my first time back in retail since WotLK. So I missed all those expansions since then.

I have a feeling that the per stuff is broken because I’m supposed to complete some long, drawn-out time walking thing in Battle of Azeroth (that’s where pet battles were introduced)? But I don’t want to go through two or three days of that stuff only to find out that I wasted my time (I don’t really like the timewalking campaigns, I did the Shadowlands one and the defense of Exodar one, and I found them interminably long and boring.)

Any help would be appreciated. I’d really love to continue with this pet battling stuff, I’m really enjoying it.

I did some of the pet battle world quests on the Broken Islands, but none of them reward a currency I can actually spend.

I posted with the wrong character selected. I’m not playing with the 43 mage (who I’ve not done any pet abattle stuff with). I’m playing with my original character from Burning Crusade and WotLK, a 64 Holy Priest.