Weekly Chest Bugged EVERY week, GMs won't fix it

If you feel it is a bug, file a Bug Report. GMs don’t fix bugs.

2 Likes

Where did I say bug?

In the title of this thread.

3 Likes

Fair. I’ve moved past that.

My new contention is that the tooltip is how the chest was programmed to work.

A better place for that conversation would be the PVP forums to be honest.

1 Like

What you proved was that the display was bugged. You would need to file a Bug Report to get QA to address it.

2 Likes

Okay.

How about this metaphor: I go and kill a boss. My UI says I tagged it and I did 465/500 health points to it. The boss gets marked as looted for the week but I never got a loot roll.

Still wouldn’t matter. Blizzard can only use their own logs. They don’t take screenshots as proof as they can be easily altered. UI can cause some strange things to happen. Maybe it was actually looted, but the UI hid the roll from you.

Again though, Blizzard will only use their logs when verifying something.

2 Likes

That’s actually an analogy :wink: Thing is, you can try to compare your situation to different situations, such as a boss kill that didn’t happen, and it won’t be the same as the actual situation you faced.

At the end of the day if you think something with regards to how that particular requirement is displayed in game, or want to have a discussion around it, then the PVP forums would be the right place.

That way, other players can chime in with their input as well. The developers however, don’t come to the CS forums for feedback and the blues here are not liaison to them. That’s why I’m recommending a more appropriate forum :wink:

2 Likes

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/94703/the-difference-between-an-analogy-and-a-metaphor

PVP Forums

2 Likes

No. “Gimme the loot” - Biggie Smalls

That’s an analogy, not a metaphor. The answer is the same. File a Bug Report. It happened with a couple of World Quests. You killed a boss but didn’t get credit for the kill for the World Quest. The solution was redo the boss.

1 Like

An english lesson for the RPers and pet collectors:

Metaphors need a bit more imagination to interpret, while analogies are readily apparent.

“My cat is affectionate” is an analogy. You can literally see the cat shows behavior deemed affectionate. The comparison is straightforward, 1:1, between the cat’s behavior and our idea of what “affectionate” looks like.

“My cat is a rock” is a metaphor. You can see literally the cat isn’t a rock. The comparison isn’t straight forward and asks us to imagine more so what it means to for the cat to be a “rock”.

In this metaphor I get saved to the boss.

You’re not getting it awarded to you. Period.

Posting here is not getting it awarded to you, this is not a bypass to the ingame ticketing system.

Metaphors and analogies aside, you’re done here.

Have a swell day.

5 Likes

I think this thread has gone on enough. I’m sorry you couldn’t be provided with what you wanted in this case Lex.

6 Likes