Weekly Chest Bugged EVERY week, GMs won't fix it

I earned my weekly chest last week but come Tuesday, the chest won’t open. First the GMs said that you have to turn in the quest. Then, they claim you have to earn the 500 conquest in the same week.

Neither is true.

On my warlock, I haven’t earned any conquest this week, yet I already have 300 conquest credited towards earning the chest from last week. If I earned just 200 this week, it will show that I have earned the weekly chest by having earned 500/500 conquest. This likely happened on my priest. Still GMs are stating the conditions for the weekly chest differently from how it is described in-game and the way I believe it was designed.

Edit (here are some screenshots to better explain):

GM Responses:https://i.imgur.com/BNHaHAR.png

Weekly chest tooltip: https://i.imgur.com/Q5XhWRg.png

If I were to earn another 120 conquest, the weekly chest tooltip would say that I’ve earned my chest, just as it did on my priest.

Edit2: Completed a full UI reset as was suggested.
Absolutely 0 addons now and all files restored to default.
The tooltip remains the same: https://i.imgur.com/8IZQbyd.png
https://imgur.com/xm6laB7

If you have to earn 500 conquest per week, then earning 300 in one week and 200 in another week means you didn’t qualify in both weeks. It may be showing as “credited” on your end, but GM’s have a broader view of what you qualify for.

It may be a bug that’s showing 300 credited, or it may be that you need a full UI reset. But the chest is weekly, and it’s HIGHLY unlikely that earning the necessary points over multiple weeks would count. If it does, then that in and of itself might be a bug.

I don’t mean this as an insult, but it is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely that you understand the conditions and how they were designed better than them.

It’s possible that a GM or two misunderstood what you were asking for.

This is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. You didn’t have a problem with it when they mailed you gear the past 6 weeks. Now you have an issue because the answer changed to No.

If you feel a mistake was made, open a ticket, and get right to the point. Don’t pepper it with how things worked in the past, or how you think they should work. Be direct about what you are asking for, and leave it at that.

6 Likes

Did you complete Conquest’s Reward either week?

2 Likes

I think there was a conquest point reset in there somewhere, I feel it was on Tuesday, then the item level bumped up. Are you considering the fact that the 300 you had already earned was lost in the reset?

I’ve not had problems in the past spreading out the 500 conquest over different weeks, and the chest not being available though. It’s always been, earn 500, turn in quest, wait until tuesday, loot chest for me.

Edit, just because I feel it needs reiterating. GM staff don’t fix bugs, that is for development. That they sent you a reward in the past showed in their log something was missing, but that does probably means in this instance you earned the reward yet, so they could not help you out.

2 Likes

I’m unable to share screenshots that would better explain the situation.

However, in the example I gave, the weekly chest tooltip for my warlock is sitting at 380/500 for the week despite not having earned any conquest this week. This sticks whether I relog or reload my UI. If I were to earn another 120 conquest today, the weekly chest tooltip would show that I have earned the chest for the week.

This is what happened this past week on my priest. I played enough games to satisfy the weekly chest tooltip, logged off expecting to have earned my chest, and then was later told that I did not.

Though us seeing a screen won’t really help, GM staff always go by in game logs, just fyi.

No insult taken. I have screenshots from various GMs, all of which have a different explanation. A few of them assert that you MUST turn in the conquest cap quest to earn the chest. Others say that you have to earn 500 conquest in the same week.

They themselves have not reached an understanding of the conditions, so it really isn’t hard to have a better understanding than them.

If it really is a bug, I understand. However, it’s painful to think that I every indication on my end said that I satisfied the requirement. Yet, I’m expected to account for a faulty tooltip/reward system.

Please take a look at my screenshots. I’m referring specifically to the weekly chest tooltip. The conquest bar is mostly unrelated.

Ok, it seems the GM replies align just like

And I appear to be wrong.

So apparently you have to earn 500 in one week to get the chest, and the points you earned last week would not count.

3 Likes

I completely understand if that’s the case. It makes sense.

The in-game indicators don’t reflect that. I don’t agree with being penalized for their game displaying something incorrectly.

But it does seem you are using a third party UI to track conquest, so what you are perceiving is actually a display error. The base UI does not show anything about the chest.

2 Likes

Please see edit2 on my post.

Unfortunately, what it comes down to is that you didn’t qualify for the chest. But you can still work on qualifying for next week’s.

3 Likes

This does appear to be what it ultimately comes down to - regardless of what the tool tip is displaying your character was not eligible for the chest. It looks like the most recent Game Master who responded was able to offer you exactly how much conquest was earned during the week to explain the ineligibility.

In citing the tool tip and what it is displaying, they indicated that they would be creating a bug report just in case something is up with it. However, that still would not make you eligible for the chest.

4 Likes

After a full UI reset, the tooltip seems to display the conditions the same way. Perhaps this is how the developers intended for it to be.

In either case, your in-game system indicated that I’d earned the weekly chest. Am I expected to account for a faulty system and to guess how much extra time I need to put in to earn the conquest cap?

Doesn’t at all seem fair to me.

I’m not going to try and argue that all things are fair, Lex. But we will maintain that rewards are granted to those who have completed the requirements for them which your character did not. Similarly, we wouldn’t grant loot from a boss just because an element of the UI said you had defeated that boss this week. We’d investigate the report, review the activities of the character, and then determine if granting loot is necessary based on what the character accomplished during that period.

I understand that this isn’t the answer you want. It’s very clear in your tickets that this is something you’re particularly passionate about and I can respect that. Unfortunately, in this situation it’s not something our Game Masters are going to be able to assist with.

4 Likes

There are a limited number of things still enjoyable about this game. One of those is getting a high item level piece on reset day. Sad that you can’t get a tooltip right.

The tool tip is fine. If there’s a bug, then it would seem extremely rare as you’re the only one that seems to be experiencing it.

You can still work towards earning the chest for next week.

2 Likes

How did you do the full UI reset? I only ask because a lot of people are under the assumption that they can just disable/re-enable the addons, and it should work. For example:

These are not going to fix a corrupt UI issue. You must move, or better yet, delete the three folders named in this article: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

Yes, this does mean you will have to re-do all your add-ons, and their settings. I completely understand what a pain that is.

After doing all that, if the problem still persists, I would open a Bug Report about what is displaying incorrectly. If it’s from a third-party add-on, then you will need to contact the add-on author about the issue.

2 Likes

After verifying with a couple others, characters they have not played this week are also showing progress towards the 500 conquest cap. It’s not only common, but has happened to every person I’ve asked.

This again leads me to theorize that this is the way the developers intended it.