Weapon reward available today in ZM

Haven’t seen a ton of weapon rewards in the last few days show up, but today the quest Historic Protection is rewarding a weapon in ZM.
You must have Cypher Weapon rewards* unlocked to see be eligible and the weapon rewarded is dependent on your loot spec(survival hunter gets a staff, mm/bm get a crossbow for example).

*Resonating Disc must be found and turned in before you are eligible for weapon rewards in ZM from world quests, daily quests and treasures. It will scale up to ilvl 252 based on your Cypher level.

13 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

ty, I could not figure out what I had missed to collect the 252 weapons for a week or more now, read this and had it 15 minutes later. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Thanks, didn’t know! Finally, an intellect 2h that’s a higher ilvl, upvoted.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated. :two_hearts:

1 Like

And yet I canceled all my 4 subs a week ago

i’ve got 3 2H axes so far, I should look at the daily rewards, and change my loot spec to see if I can get a better 1H for tanking.

But no reason to bother until I cap Cyphers for 252 (or whatever the weapon drops are, 265? Or something?)

Yeah you can change your loot spec to get 1h vs. 2h weapons, and the highest ilvl is 252.

Yo thanks op! Ima check this out on an alt later

Is the cipher research still not account wide?
Am I expected to grind that currency all out again?..because hard pass.

1 Like

Keep in mind the rewards and quests rotate daily, so I don’t know what’s available today. But always a good idea to check the daily quests if the WQ don’t have any enticing rewards.

Sadly it is not, I just started working on leveling it on an alt.
One minor thing is you can buy an item for 50% more cypher drops that is BoA and send it to any character still working on the grind. Comes from the Jiro vendor Olea Manu that unlocks after doing A Broken Circle.

1 Like

Thank you so much

Where does one go to upgrade weapon?

You don’t directly upgrade it. As you unlock cypher research levels the item level of the rewards will also increase, up to 252. So you will very well end up with several versions of the same weapon until you unlock 252s.

One you unlock weapons, does it work for alts, too? Or do they have to unlock separately?

Not right now. To unlock weapons, all your characters have to do the Jiro quest line.

Each level requires 750 Cyphers of the first Ones in total to reach the next level.

So for every alt you have to get 4,500 cyphers of the first ones in this “alt friendly” patch 20 at a time…

AKA its a waste of time

Pretty much, but I guess this is Blizzard’s way of extending the miniscule amount of content in ZM. Make you farm a currency then do a quest line on every single character you want to get weapons on if you aren’t one of the players that play the 3 pillars.

1 Like

I’ll never understand why Blizzard doesn’t make things unlocked for alts like this. It’s like, sometimes they get it right, and then they don’t.

Maybe they just assumed most folks had already unlocked the Jiros for themselves. They’re also the source of the Olea Caches so if you’re working on mounts it’s one avenue you want open.