"We won't merge because you'll lose your names"

Wired in but out where there are only bad providers. Its the best internet I can get out here.

Merge the severs and add last names and be done with it.

2 Likes

Apply the utilitarian approach, f some players to save the rest

I really try to understand and be fair to both sides and I wish for the best for those who want to wpvp, but if too many level 70’s are just gank camping lowbies eventually some/many of them are going to say the only wpvp I’m getting is gank camping and that’s not what I was looking for when I rolled on a pvp server. The idea of pvp sounded fun to me and I did try a pvp server in vanilla. The reality of it wasn’t fun and I’ve rolled pve ever since.

I don’t think that most people who like wpvp have a problem with those like you who don’t. The server types are there for a reason. I’ve never had a problem with you, or anyone else who just wants a relaxing time in the world or whatever, preferring PVE servers. It’s more annoying when people who rolled on PVP servers then insult those of us who like wpvp. Which has been happening a lot lately.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen it and I don’t like it. But some people insult people in every topic. I do to, I won’t deny it. Though it’s my claim that I never insult someone until they insult me first, only in retaliation. Anyone who is capable of having a civil dialog with me will get a civil response in return.

2 Likes

Fair and I’m the same way mostly. I’d actually prefer to not insult anyone and most of the forum posters with different opinions I’m fine with. It’s definitely about the respect other opinions thing and that’s like a pet peeve. I get why that would carry over to other threads if that’s what you’re saying. Also, I think the server issues are more important than the faction balance issues so I try to not bring the faction part up unless it’s relevant.

1 Like

I think the faction balance issues are important especially on the pvp servers but it’s just such a more difficult problem for blizzard to manage then low pop dead realm pve servers

1 Like

Agreed, it is.

I find the faction imbalance issues more ironic when people try to brag about how awesome they are because they play on pvp servers but people have largely turned pvp servers into pve servers anyways by faction stacking.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not happy with what has happened to PVP servers at all. I’m totally fine with playing the underdog side too. It’s the same subset of people that made the imbalance who are now saying stuff like “PVP is a meme”.

There are a couple of options that I am glad for myself and others like me are there.

I rarely get involved in the discussion of pvp servers because I don’t play on them and I haven’t thought it through in detail. But I’ve often thought if there was just some way to limit the ganking and corpse camping of lowbies by high level players it would go a long way to improving the servers. It’s not just that they get ganked most of them don’t want to gank lowbies in revenge when they get to level cap. For most people one shotting some one is no more fun than getting one shot. It’s like killing rabbits or cows on a pve server. I read about one game that would turn you into a chicken if you hit someone some number of levels lower than you. But like I said I haven’t really thought it through in detail so I don’t really have a good solution.

I don’t even know at this point, people have suggested things and Retail changed it up with warmode etc.

I haven’t done the sit in Redridge and lowbie gank for years and years. For me lowbie ganking is the most boring form of PVP out there. Maybe level restrictions would help or the chicken thing. I do think there’s a lot more to what’s happened with the servers though than lowbie ganking etc.

For me, I explained earlier what I personally enjoy about PVP servers. it’s not lowbie ganking there are just all these layers to gameplay for me with the opposite faction. The not knowing what they will do and just the danger and spontaneity. You can quest beside them and they might kill you or help you. You never know. Or you do know that that guy your level is your enemy and you need to attack him on sight because he will attack you. People say there are no 1v1s anymore but I don’t think they really got out there into the world and played. Even in TBCC I had a TONS of 1v1s by herbing and engi nodes.

When there aren’t enough of the opposite faction around though it’s not the same. I don’t want to kill them anymore, because it doesn’t even feel right anymore, like the lowbie ganking.

Anyway, i don’t have a solution at this point beyond what I’ve already done, I definitely don’t have a problem with those on PVE servers wanting a more “chill” world experience.

Warmode was introduced because servers back than became exactly like they are now albeit a bit slower.

I don’t think the people on pvp servers hate world pvp I think their server eventually folds 1 way and world pvp becomes more of an nuisance when the server becomes 70/30.

I also think the expansions as a whole kill world pvp in the way the world is Vs how it was back then. Classic was the best iteration of wpvp because new servers are typically alot more balanced and the world was smaller and their was obviously no flying away.

2 Likes

Yes, by offering a one time free transfer window and providing population statistics live so people can decide for themselves if they want to join a balanced server or a one sided megaserver, or a low pop server.

If your name is more important than the actual gameplay, you still have the freedom to stay put. After this, nobody could complain that they’re in a situation they didn’t pick.

You would have 1default pve layer for each faction to put players until a balance can be met.

Ex. 1000 Alliance and 600 horde. 400 alliance would be in a pve layer and 600 alliance and horde would be in pvp layers.

1 Like

And this would actually be a brilliant use of layering blizzard will probably never do.

It also allows to pick the same last name to all your characters (if so you choose). That way friends and Guildies can immediately link you as an alt of your main character. I loved that in SWTOR and FF14.

Which is why I think (and agree with ppl who have also said it) that we should just have TWO US PvE servers. One for US East, one for US West. That would mean Westfall, Pagle, Mankrik, Windseeker and Ashkandi would become one for US East with about 18k Ally / 15k horde.

Honestly that’s a lot of population, but it’s not actually too bad in terms of faction balance for a PvE server.

At this point to alleviate some of the issues, barring the discussed merges they really should do two things:
1- Cross faction AH. So the 1% population of unbalanced servers can also sell/buy things
2- Cross faction mailing gold/items to your own characters.

These 2 things would go a long way with imbalanced servers.

1 Like

Who cares about a name if you play on a dead server. Pretty obvious that the majority of people dont care that much or dont have an issue with names if everyone chose to pay for transfers. Youre supposed to make decisions for the greater good of the game, not make everyone happy.

4 Likes