We want RP-PvP servers at launch!

Ill check it out, that was my first thought at reading the thread. I’m sure there must me more im missing.

No big deal, and in all honestly when you take a first glance at the topic and you don’t read into it it’s a fair thought for a second, but then you really dig deeper into your mind and then you’re like “Well… That ain’t all there”

Meh, ask a valid question, get someone complaining in a different thread.

They changed it so that Warmode enabled world PVP and sharded you off. Basically trying to absolve the entire concept of servers entirely.

Yeah, I just kind of find it offensive for some reason.

North Americas Region Servers (including Oceania and Latin America)
prior to BfA’s abolishment of PVP tags
PVE: 116
PVP: 107
RP: 17
RP-PVP: 6

Total: 246.

Which means that RP-PVP consists of 2.4% of the servers they had at the end of Legion, before tags were removed.

They’ve said there will be “limited” servers at Classic’s launch. If that’s 10, then RP-PVP counts as not even a quarter of a server, representatively. Its not until you reach 41 US servers, that you’d even have a “whole server” worth of RP-PVP. That’s why they consider it ‘niche’.

That said… personally I think they should have at least one RP-PVP server at launch. They’ve shown that they are willing to jump straight to the 1.12 version of things, which included RP-PVP from 1.8 (I think) onwards. And it makes sense not to introduce a server type midway through the rollout forcing people to either reroll or not move.

Even though RP-PVP is percentage wise a “niche” group, its enough of a group numerically, that there should be enough players to justify one server in the US (and probably one in the EU if they’re remaining equivalent). I don’t even know what they’re planning on launches for China.

Source for pedants:https://wow.gamepedia.com/Realms_list

Did you know that in Classic your reputation follows you everywhere?

Well, then, if that’s what matters judging by the number of “Likes”, I’m doing just fine.

How about getting back on topic?

One thing i’d like to point out is RP servers besides WRA and Moonguard are PRETTY dead, or so a lot of people say in the U.S in terms of population, and or content. So it’s interesting, that there are RP servers, and i’d love to see if there’s a way to see just how dead those RP servers where that just didn’t pick up and fall out.

That claim is repeated for most servers or at least a large portion of the “not obviously crowded” ones. Blizzard has actual MAUs for their servers though so I imagine the “niche” comment isn’t just coming out of nowhere.

I do agree with the concept on other threads though, that their internal numbers for the current game won’t line up with the Classic demographics since many people who’d play those more “niche” servers aren’t attracted by the bland effect of the current expansion and to a lesser degree the previous 4.

Emerald Dream was one of the most popular servers for several expansions and boasted a nearly 50:50 faction ratio.

RP-PVP advocates aren’t asking for six servers, they are asking for one.

Give us one server, and we’ll show you how WoW was meant to be played.

4 Likes

Well i can’t speak for PVE and PVP servers. The biggest problem is, for RP servers is that people inflate there popularity i feel. It’s sorta why i’m asking for numbers and i’m not to sure anyone has them besides blizzard.

It’s interesting though, i mean if you look at it. Blizzard didn’t release a single RP server in BC besides moonguard. the last RP server was WRA In wotlk, so it makes you wonder you know all other servers besides those two are just… Not big, yet they’re the first servers ever. But ED etc the first RP-PVP server is one of the largest.

Totally not disagreeing with your desire. Just pointing out where Blizzard is probably looking at numbers and it doesn’t gel with their “Limited servers”.

1 Like

Yes, they probably are and I get it but one RP-PVP :slight_smile:

An element of that is probably also the conjunction of RP and PVP having a smaller base of possible servers. I know that the actual RP element in WoW has always been far smaller than RP server populations, because many of us rolled on RP servers simply because the playerbase were nicer and less likely to destroy the immersion. RP PVP servers serve two roles which makes you wonder why they had a smaller base than RP.

Personally i just think the fact there was none at the start and there was a lack of transfers to any of them for a long time, also 0 advertisement.

RP and PVP both have a Stigma as well,

To add to this many people infact did not know RP-PVP servers where in Vanilla.

1 Like

I think it is more that the players consolidated to the best RP-PVP server than anything else.

1 Like

Sure, but don’t they have the same effects with CRZ and CRBGs such that its almost impossible to tell one server from another?

They do because the players create so much content.

If you want World PvP, zones being attacked/defended, forum posts about grudges etc. RP-PVP is the place where that happens.

CRX, LFX, those are all terrible for the game.

RP-PVP understands this better than most.

1 Like

Going by total number of servers is pretty disingenuous when Emerald Dream, formerly a RP-PvP server, has a larger population than all but five or six other servers.

It’s true that many of the RP-PvP servers are dead, but so are a lot of all the other server types as well.

There’s no real reason to not have a RP-PvP server at the launch of Classic.

1 Like