We still don't know where storm dragons come from

Dragonflight hopefully leaves us with more answers than questions. Which would be the exact opposite of SL, A good thing.

Not to resurrect a dead thread but I found them in Thaldraszus near the Bronze dragon zone. around 51, 76

I’d probably say because he subjugated them, and refers them as mere inferior beasts and lesser beings whom are pawns in his army - and they’re just relatively cool with it.

Odyn was right about the aspects tho
Objectively.

1 Like

Just because you say “objectively” does not make it so.

Odyn’s got a point.

The Red Dragonflight had its matriarch captured and forced into a breeding program by Legion pawns, and its most notable act during the Legion invasion was to be attacked by the Deathlord.

The Blacks collectively went nuts, and the only “uncorrupted” one is a Frankensteinian abomination who kicked off the invasion in the first place due to being really, really dumb.

The Bronzes? Hooooo boy.

The Blues? Their patriarch went mad, his successors did squat and the only ones of note were the tiny family already in the Isles, who had their own problems.

The Greens? Matriarch corrupted and killed.

From Odyn’s PoV, only the mortal races proved themselves and the dragons were a failed “I told you so”.

Yeah, he has a point… the pointy thing we stuck into his eye after he traded it away for powers beyond himself.

/poke

How many more body parts has Odyn traded away? What sort of boss fights are coming? He is starting to sound like Baine. With his apotemnophilia

You’re correct.
The lore making him right about the aspects makes it objective.

So all we gotta do is kill Odyn to prove he’s not any better than the dragons.

I mean.
No.
Cause the dragons spent ten thousand years screwing things up.
Odyn’s been imprisoned for ten thousand years, so they still have a massive leg up on muck ups and dust ups.

On the other hand, that means 10,000 years of him being useless except for the time he ended up empowering Death Satan in his plan to enslave the multiverse because Odyn had a hankering for a harem of Swedish angels.

2 Likes

Letting Zoovy see things doesn’t somehow make Odyn wrong about the aspects.
And to be clear, Odie made the deal with that troll loa I don’t remember the name of.

Odyn made the deal with Mueh’zala and can’t really be blamed for Nipple-Man. Nipple-Man being behind everything makes it even more difficult to blame Odyn, since Zovaal is evidently some kid of hyperintelligent master manipulator on par with the hypothetical combination of Tzeentch, Sauron and Vetinari.

Not empowering the Dragons would have meant the Watchers would have been much stronger.

That being said, it wasn’t for lack of strength that they fell to pieces, and that Titan empowerment sure didn’t do much to shield Deathwing. Can’t imagine it helps much outside of Odyn being willing to stay in Ulduar and play ball.

That being said, an army of all of history’s greatest warriors riding eternal and chrome sounds infinitely better than a bunch of dumb drama lizards.

He gave my warrior some okay but not iconic swords. He’s alright.

I mean, only two of them were even remotely his to grant, the sword of troll genocide was just kind of there. And he still made me do his dumb trial. And his dumb lackeys pretend they don’t know me outside of the order hall.

1 Like

ye

This feels bad.
The DK orderhall feels like the only story that continued after the expansion ended.

I was legit miffed that none of Eyir’s dialog in Legion or BFA changes based on you being a warrior.

Call me “dishonorable” all you want, I didn’t see you freeing Odyn from his imprisonment, rescuing the other watchers, and so on. I get that you got inconvenienced for like, 20 seconds by Sylvanas, but a little professional courtesy would be appreciated.

3 Likes