We need to be able to reset Profession Specializations

Analogies are always bad when they make you realize you’re wrong.

1 Like

Nah, your analogy was actually just wrong though given what they said.

2 Likes

Right, so the next question is there going to be any way to catch up.

I think it’s going to be a grind for the first few months and it will get easier as time goes on. For the time being, professions are “end game content”.

Worse, as I understand it, is that you can’t unlearn the profession and reset. It just resets the recipes, not the specialization.

Currently I have herbalism and skinning, but I haven’t done any specialization yet.

I knew up front that it was going to be wait and see for me.

Really? They’re not dismissing an entire very competent thing based on unclear instructions? Why, I could have sworn that when they said that due to “descriptions”, which are instructions, being unclear, that profession specs, which are the “thing,” were terrible. Let’s see:

That is literally what they said.

I’m turning off notifications for this thread.

If you’re selecting your path based on shoddy info, and you can’t change your path, the system is bad. The biggest new xpac feature. Is bad. Hence this thread.
Anyways. We can have differing opinions. I’ve opted out and playing another game instead. You can keep dealing with this game. Glad you’re enjoying it.

6 Likes

yup same here kind of bs if you ask me

Yeah I agree that some sort of reset system or like a 1 time reset for everyone at the same time.

For me some of the tooltips were misleading and I made more than a few mistakes based on omitted or unclear information that will take months to rectify. I think a 15-30 day CD on reset would be a way for people to not horde points to circumnavigate the pitfalls of the system and still make those decisions matter. While also letting people experiment with different build and get more out of this system they have created.

Overall though I dont think the system is bad not by a long stretch it can just be a big ‘feels bad’ for alot of players that are not looking to game the system for power or for economic gains and even just 1-2 resets would allow people to engage with the professions in a way that would be more enjoyable for everyone.

4 Likes

It tells you in game, via UI and the initial profession quests that points are permanent. As well as how often you can unlock tabs/nodes. If you zipped through the qiest dialogues/explanations of the systems, that’s on you rushing through it, not the game.

1 Like

Yes, nobody said it doesn’t tell you that you can’t change paths… please follow along if you are going to try to contribute, shill.

It would be nice to get to 100 skill easier without such expensive crafts linked to crafting orders that no one posts. I am stuck at around 82 JC and I been wanting to unlock the last spec and invest in learning how to make necks/rings but I literally can’t because no one is doing crafting orders and the recipes require artisan mettle. Getting to 100 skill should be more manageable imo.

1 Like

The issue is that since the first half of the system is super fast then the natural incentive is to simply use alts. You can still very much do this. It just takes a minimal amount of logistics on part of the player.

Th factions give you new recipes at certain renown levels, which can help with this.

Also I recommend checking all the recipes you currently have to see if there is any free knowledge to be had from First Craft.

1 Like

I understand and agree with Blizzard’s intent to avoid crafters respecing back and forth to make whatever is most profitable, but there’s no reason they can’t give people a single, one time only respec incase they screw things up in the beginning. I mean with alchemy for instance if you don’t allocate your first 40 or so points in a very specific way then you can end up having a hard time skilling up, and that isn’t explained in-game at all.

2 Likes

This is the most perfect metaphor for the new crafting.

1 Like

This. There’s no reason they can’t give us one free respec. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

you don’t know what you’re talking about

2 Likes

Nothing in that statement was false or wrong.

There is a hard stop (without crazy amounts of mats) @65 in inscription if you don’t take Runebinding for one of your first two specs.

Considering just taking another profession because of it. Quite frustrating.

The problem isn’t that we can’t reset the professions, it’s that Blizzard allows way WAY too many people access to alphas and closed betas and then those try hard no-life min-maxers will just churn out a guide far ahead of what any one can do or can experiment with and when the game ACTUALLY launches, there’s no skill or critical thinking involved. It’s not like how it used to be where people who stumbled on profitable/advantageous paths or figured them out WITHOUT head starts or googling are ages ahead of people who didn’t but this would be just a few select people crunching the numbers or gauging the market. I can’t get any crafting orders done because almost no one wants the socket thing or gems. They all want the actual jewelry first.

1 Like