We need to accept launch day WILL be absolute chaos

And there’s no getting around it.

Unless Blizz opens up a new server this week and Herod decompresses a bit, but I think it either won’t happen, or it won’t help much. Those who were willing to switch to Stalagg already did, and the rest who refuse to move on from Herod at this point probably won’t do it at all.

(not to mention we’re not even counting everyone not interested enough in ressubing for name reservations)

So we should all adjust our expectations and accept beforehand that launch day will be unplayable and not cancel any plans for Monday. Instead of exploding the forums with endless threads on launch.

Regular play will probably be possible only within the next 24-48 hours.

9 Likes

I mean launch day was gonna be chaos no matter what else happened. What is important to note is that players have enough servers right now to not sit in 10k player queues. If people are choosing to stay on overpopulated queues that’s your choice and Blizzard shouldn’t be forced to open new servers because you won’t use the other ones being offered.

5 Likes

It will be launch day.
Launch day of any major game is chaos which is what makes it awesome.

3 Likes

Launch day on the other servers will be similar to that first stress test I think. It’ll be chaos, you’ll have to form up groups just to kill boars and scorpions. It’s gonna be great.

Herod is gonna be a s-show. It’s hard to feel bad for them because they literally did this to themselves.

4 Likes

I’m expecting it and plan to revel in the chaos

2 Likes

They just added 2 more EU servers today, so it is definitely still an option for NA to get a couple more.

I think what the gamble is, how many more will be playing day 1, that haven’t already subbed and made characters? That is what worries me, it could be that the early name people are the vast majority, or it could go the other way and those already reserved names are just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

I hope its chaos. Chaotic launch days are exciting. I dont want to log in and see 20 other people in Elwynn, I want a madhouse.

4 Likes

Just have something to do while you stare at your queue position and bring your best tag game/herd avoidance strategies.

There is a possibility that those with saved names are waiting until launch day and if they can’t get into server of choice at that moment they will move to a lower population server and make a toon there for times when they can’t get in where they want.

They don’t want to take a chance on deleting a named toon now and not getting that name on a new server.

So I’m in wait and see mode about a lot of it.

2 Likes

Stop warning people of the chaos. It will lessen the qq on the forums to read while waiting for the que.

2 Likes

It won’t, unless that new server is open to transfers from herod prior to opening it to everyone else. If players are going to create new characters on a new realm, without a guarantee to retain their day 1 names, they may as well wait till release day and utilize the other 47 character slots.

1 Like

No, they didn’t. Too few servers, no meaningful caps to the population, streamers rightfully shunned, blizzard giving virtually no warning prior to opening up a new server 2 days after the damage was done, blizzard repeatedly “adjusting the algorithm” after the server was already slammed.

The fault lays squarely on blizzard for this debacle. They could EASILY rectify things with server transfers offered from herod to a new server prior to opening it up to the rest of the folks. But it is just easier for them to blame the players for what happened.

I am not planning to move at this point. Better to sit and watch how this all plays out.

I have my three characters already and I will see what the server landscape looks like on launch day. No reason to knee jerk.

1 Like

This.

There is NO reason for players with good names to delete them, when they can just create additional characters on launch day.

2 Likes

Wait wait. Blizzard gave now warning? They said since before they opened name claim servers that if servers fill up then they will open more to try and accommodate the demand. Were you expecting them to give you 3 days heads up so you could call out of work or something? We have no reason to believe Blizzard has been “adjusting the algorithm”, they said if servers get full they will add more and they did just that. As I said before people are choosing not to leave Herod and I won’t argue why their reasons are good or bad but at the end of the day we will have enough servers to keep reasonable queues IF people switch to them.

If your on Herod you are on a

1 Like

I’m counting on it being so.

its the tip of the iceberg let me tell you that straight up.

1 Like

We can all see realms are full or almost full allready.
A million peeps are expected to sub on launch day.
All hell is gonna break loose.
God save us all! <3

1 Like

I can’t wait.

1 Like