We need the legacy raid buff for BFA raids already

BFA raids being tuned as they are two expansions later is silly. It’s also been said a million times before, we would all likely prefer it if BFA raids at least followed the pattern we were used to. I don’t know if there is anyone playing WoW doing strictly BFA content, getting to 60 and stopping just to raid BFA “at level” with the story-shuffling shenanigans.

4 Likes

They only do legacy buffs after stat squishes to imitate gear scaling that gets removed when they squish. We haven’t had any stats squishes yet (I’d bet there will be one after DF though) so you’ll just have to deal with getting better gear for now.

Once an expansion falls out of being current, all it’s raids should be considered legacy.

11 Likes

You need more than a legacy raid buff. You need mechanical changes or logic that looks at the size of the group going in and adjust accordingly (not flex). BoD will find you stopped hard at Opulence or the loa council fight. Rastakhan and Mechadork also had party split mechanics that may end up making the fight unsoloable if not changed. I don’t know since me and a friend who went in to duo it one night in SL got hard stopped at the loa council once we got silenced with no way to dispel or immune it (which includes auto attacking). We had to bring a 3rd person in with a healer spec to dispel and act as a 3rd body.

It took a long time for Siege to become soloable since there are similar bosses needing warm bodies for checks too. I agree the legacy buff would be nice, but I’m fine even with simply gear scaling taking care of it, but these heavy mechanical fights involving a need for actual bodies that are the bigger obstacle.

2 Likes

Yeah the main issue to soloing BFA isn’t gear scaling, it’s mechanical changes. Once they do some changes to remove the solo-unfriendly mechanics, you’ll have an easy time soloing BfA raids.

Legacy content should be 1 or 2 hit.

There should be no meaningful mechanics.

It should be walk up, use one ability to kill boss, collect loot, move on

8 Likes

Not true and not what was promised to us. Also not the way it has worked in the past.

1 Like

It is true, I heard Ion mentioned about it once but they never actually followed through on it, and it’s definitely always worked that way.

So you’re evidence is “Trust me bro.” when mine is literal forum posts and Blizzcon clips. And it has always worked the way I described. Yeah, just stop lying, bud.

5 Likes

None of which you posted. I can go find the original blue post talking about the legacy content buff if you’d like, I had to get it for the last thread like this.

Greetings, I bring a dead horse

TL:DR

• Ion did it on purpose
  • No more bonus damage
  • They believe every expac you get 4-5x more powerful
  • Now you are (theoretically) 20x more powerful, which means you can solo as well as a 20 person raid
  • This all ignores that previous content had a 100x damage buff, reduced to 10x in SL

You can still see this if you take a level 45 / 50 alt and run them through content 2 expacs old (mists, wod). They have 100x still. This was the case since the WoD prepatch.

I don’t have to post it because you can literally take 5 seconds to google it. With yours it’s literally “Believe me bro. I heard it from him.” Smooth brain intellect on you. Please get the blue post. Not a screenshot. The actual link to it. Also to the guy above me. None of that is confirmed. I see no blue post in there saying any of those things. Just speculation from…you.

Here you go :slight_smile:
Second post down, second paragraph. The buff is only intended to offset the squish.

Crazy how that post still doesn’t say what you said about legacy buff…weird.

And it’s definitely a bunch of hooey to say “that’s how it’s always worked” because it certainly isn’t.

Exactly. It’s always been the post-blizzcon announcement way of “If it’s two expansions or older you can easily one shot every boss.”

I’m not sure what “I do want to clarify, however, that our changes are only intended to offset the direct effects of the “squish” “ isn’t clear to you. Where’s your proof otherwise? I’m still waiting on some direct links :slight_smile:

Again that doesn’t say what you were saying at all. I read the whole thing and nowhere does it say “They only do legacy buffs after stat squishes to imitate gear scaling that gets removed when they squish.” Especially since that’s not the way it has ever been done in the past. But I’ve only been playing since the week before TBC dropped. What do I know smfh. Again. Do a five second google search or listen to everyone else telling you that you’re wrong.

TLDR it says they added the legacy buff to preserve people’s ability to solo legacy content that they could already solo. It wasn’t intend to make additional content soloable, just to ensure what people could solo pre-squish they could still solo post-squish.

This is from before the first squish, so yes, this is how it’s always been done.

Bruh get the copium out of your butt my guy. It wasn’t since the first squish smfh. Also that TLDR that you gave is just a lie