We Need Hard Mode World Quests

We already have that it’s the stupid flower flying one in Bastion

1 Like

Nah, I’m fine. I’d just like some more challenging but optional world content.

remove your gear

2 Likes

Maybe if you flicked War Mode to ‘On’.

The game emphasizes far too much on rushing towards the raids and all the little conveniences that practically remove the environmental world for the sake of getting to the instance as quickly as possible.

Professions? Destroyed.
Flying? Mandatory, for some reason.
Flight Paths? Tons.
Repairs? Meaningless.
Mobs dazing players off their mounts? Hardly.

Everything has to shove you into M+ or raiding at vomiting speeds.

1 Like

As long as it’s optional, I don’t see the harm.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bad idea, but the general player base would be calling for nerfs within hours of a such a system. That’s why the rewards are so bad. Those quests need to be completable by pretty much everyone.

I think it should be left as it is; a choice.

False, I’m all for more difficult content across the board. It’s your group that conflates difficulty as TeDiUm because y’all want to just steamroll things for that instant gratification of acquisition. You know, the same people who cry that vanilla wasn’t difficult but Blizzard literally nerfed world elites into the ground because you guys cried that an inkling of forethought had to be put into gameplay.

Please, people blow a gasket over the Maw being slightly more challenging and at least there you can earn currency to purchase conduit upgrades to 226 and gem slots.

I remember seeing that 9.1 is going to have a system where you can upgrade gear from daily quests to 233 ilvl, which will be pretty comparable to high tier mythic+ and heroic raiding. Basically think benthic gear 2.0.

You mean a bunch of players who chose an MMO whose major selling point was that you could play solo whenever you want to now want it changed to make grouping forced and totally antisocial. That makes sense if you’re planning on playing the game alone, as it sounds like you are. Because if you’re the only one left, yeah. They’ll let antisocial players like you play alone until the lights get turned off.

fine you are all for difficulty - remove your gear and you can have as much difficulty as you want right now.

Argus on a 45 should do it. That should be hard enough for anybody.

I don’t mean to crap on your idea, so please know that’s not my intent.

I think they only thing WQ’s need as of right now is to be removed from the game entirely. They’re filler content that add very little of value to the game other than artificially increasing the amount of “content” available.

If they want to rework WQ’s into an actually engaging form of content then the rest of your idea is fine.

No WQs are content intended for a different group of people. Not everyone wants to play in instances. Why do so many of your group think - content I don’t like = content that should be removed, totally disregarding that for other people that is their main content.

If you don’t like WQ’s then don’t do them. If you don’t like PvP then don’t do it. If you don’t like pet battles then don’t do them. There is no need to call for content you don’t like to be removed.

When I play, dailies and WQs have taken up the majority of my time since I started playing in late wrath (exception is WoD).

4 Likes

The game does have harder world quests, it’s called The Maw.

1 Like

It would be healthy for the world content. I agree.

1 Like

I completely agree with your concept. I also don’t think that something in a similar vein to world quests or just reworked world quests would be great. I’m simply stating that I find the quality of world quests are currently very low. They’re essentially reskinned dailies that constantly respawn. They serve no meaningful purpose in the game as currently implemented.

What I just stated is what I believe. That doesn’t mean people can’t enjoy them. I don’t understand how WQ’s could be a main form of content (genuinely, not trying to be snarky). Saying they should have been removed was rash so I’ll retract that and rephrase. WQ’s should serve a purpose other than being a form of infinitely repeatable content.

It wasn’t my intent to imply that everyone needs to enjoy the same type of content, so I apologize if that wasn’t clear. I was attempting to say that as it stands, world quests have no purpose for existing (one can still enjoy them ofc) that is different from dailies and as far as I can tell are a form of content bloat.

I would love to hear your thoughts in defense of world quests since your view of them is clearly different than mine. I intend all of this as good faith discussion just to be clear. I know it’s easy to come off differently than intended so I just wanted to say that for what it’s worth. Also, I’m not part of a “group”, I’m just sharing my individual opinion as I see it.

1 Like

I really liked the things from legion/bfa that were just big bosses that required multiple people to kill, or the quests that needed a few people to do different tasks like defend multiple points.
The N’zoth and legion invasions did this really well and it felt AWESOME to do because you just had a ton of people rampaging around kill stuff, destroying structures and doing objectives. SL doesn’t really have that except for the maw atm (which 3/4 of the player base doesn’t go into atm) so I’d love to see more stuff like that and maybe they’re tuned a bit higher so its not mindless.

And on the note of a “hard mode” (I’d call it ‘Hero mode’) it would be a really cool addition alongside warmode. When you turn it on it increases the health/damage of world mobs/rares/bosses by 50% and causes their dodge able/aoe abilities to be cast twice as often. In turn Hero mode would double the rewards for WQ’s, and give bonus rewards to quests that you do while its on (like for example makes the all gear rewards 10Ilvl’s higher). It would be a cool mode for people who like doing open world content as a challenge instead of mindless rampaging throughout a zone/area.

I’m all for this idea and I do hope Blizz do add something like this in the near future because as you said, tuning everything so even the newest players can do it is a big crappy for the rest of us who want to have a bit more of a challenge.

3 Likes

I haven’t read in yet (57 posts above me), but the thread title just hit me in the brain and I wanted to say:

I don’t need a hard mode, I want “this is fun again” mode.

Just make the quest fun given the tools that each class has. Quit making the way forward something a person has to cheese. One example is the current tough WQ in Revendreth (one where you have to disrupt the House of the Chosen).

Some classes have an easy time getting to the quest area. Others are simply screwed. Most people don’t even use their tools even if they have them. They simply mount up, run through all the garbage that is nothing but an arbitrary impediment and hope they make it through.

This is one tiny example of the game just being annoying to play. Why in the blue fark does “challenge” almost always equate to “absolute annoyance”? There has, has, HAS to be a way to make things fun AND challenging. Tedium is not challenge unless the point of this game is to see who can put up with bull crap the longest.

I don’t care if the quest writer imagined a group of friends fighting their way in. What a classic fantasy campaign! Yeah. No. WoW players aren’t like that. You think folks will coordinate like that for a WQ? Nope. Time for the cheese. Mount and dash.

Do the coders know that about their players? Do they care?

I’ve mentioned in other posts, “Who is this game for?”

BlizzAct has a huge problem with that question and all the other problems flow from their not being able to answer that question adequately.

5 Likes

nah. Op has a bad idea, and you have an even worse one.

2 Likes