We Need Hard Mode World Quests

You can argue that the “multiplayer” in MMO doesn’t have to be grouped content, but Blizzard has basically defined multiplayer as grouped content from the beginning. Even in instanced PVP you’re placed in a group/raid, not just a collection of single players.

Even now, if you’re grouped up and you tag a mob, a single player within the same faction won’t get credit if they attack the same mob – unless it’s a WB or something that specifically ignores tags. I bring this up to emphasize the priority Blizzard gives to groups.

1 Like

Hah… except for the few times i was lucky enough to be grouped alongside a premade, virtually every instanced PvP battleground I’ve been in has felt like a bunch of single players.

I think the greatest part of WoW’s success has been its accessibility to all play styles, grouped or solo. If they stop doing that, I feel they may be in danger of going the way of games like Wildstar, which I thought had potential but killed themselves by limiting their direction.

3 Likes

Bring back one-kill world quests and stop scaling mobs with the latest patch, there! fixed.

12 Likes

I think this is a good idea OP. ATM they just made WQ’s take longer (which is boring and I hate them because of it) as opposed to making them more difficult.

Even if they took the same amount of time to complete with the difficulty higher, at least it would be WAY more entertaining. It’s not so much, “These quests take to long I’m not doing it!” …it’s more like, “This is so boring and it takes forever to do.”

1 Like

And there it is!

In the beginning of an expansion, being grounded is acceptable. In a way it’s actually preferable, all the storylines for the covenants guide us all over the zone. We get to see all the amazing art work put into each zone.

Then the new wears off, and we run past all of it, mobs included, just to get to the objective.

This is where flying brings back acceptable, and it’s way past due this go. We won’t be skipping anything, we already run past and ignore it anyway.

But it will bring the fun back. I’m looking forward to exploring the high places to check out the view.

2 Likes

That works both ways. Part of the lack of the MMO part of this mmorpg is that massive over reliance blizz has on instanced content now. M+, rated PvP and raiding are big problems that work against the feeling of a living world. So if you wanna be fair about it, it’s time to pull back on the amount of rated PvP, m+ and raiding people can do. Get them out into the open world. IMO if you really wanna put your money where your mouth this, delete a couple raid tiers and m+ dungeons and redirect Dev time better open world content.

Imagine if blizz had ditched crucible and nyalotha. CoS was a fluff raid anyways. And Nyalotha would have been better off as its own zone. After all, it’s not like the ending of that raid was of any great consequence.

5 Likes

Exactly this. I’m not against grouping at all, yet I mainly play solo. This is because group focused content is always instanced. I have no problem grouping with people but I don’t wanna spam instances all day. Open world content is sorely lacking currently and what is there isn’t that great. The core focus of any mmo should be the open world imo. Blizzards “3 pillars” philosophy is terrible and needs thrown out. Either that or make it 4 pillars with world content being the fourth pillar and greatly expand upon it.

6 Likes

looks at OP’s suggestion
looks a world bosses
votes “no”

2 Likes

No we do not need more content for the raiders and mythic plus dungeon people. And if blizzard thinks you do, there won’t be anyone left to pay for it because everyone needs content and you guys have more than your fair share right now.

7 Likes

The game is catering to OP and his like and that is exactly why it has a fraction of players it had back in MoP. The game has always had content for everyone up to Ion and it has been gradually going towards a raid or leave game and most people are just leaving. Who the heck do you think is going to pay for your expensive content when all the others do leave?

6 Likes

Honestly? There’s a lot of us that just don’t care about ilvl that are casual that play solo. I’m fine at a cap in ilvl for whatever you do in game (meaning-for example-that WQ gear should max out about 5 ilvl’s below what the current LFR drops (so on and so forth).

Gives me a reason to go do LFR.

Don’t lump me in with people that probably just have bad RNG.

I’m not begging for more ilvl’s.

OP, you want better gear: go do content that drops it. I know RNG totally bites, but honestly, that’s how this game works.

2 Likes

Maybe they can shard players based on ilvl.

not gonna happen. if Blizz put any carrot on a stick to anything, player will say they are “forced”. they even took away tier sets from LFR because raiders were “forced” to do it…

anything Blizz adds, will be “forced” content to these people.

1 Like

A variety of difficulties could be welcome. Just more variety in general.

1 Like

:smiley_cat:

I personally would not like to get opted into more challenging content. I would like for the scraps of gear that I get to actually make me feel more powerful and not be another system of scaling to me. Though I understand not everyone shares this feeling which is another plus to InfernoMode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You and many others in this thread are the problem yet are too oblivious to the fact that catering to those wanting a single player experience has lead to the degradation of WoW as a whole.

Edit: For clarification purposes.

I don’t want a single player experience…but I have no interest in finding groups to do WQs…

The fact that you could solo world content is what made WoW better than EQ and FF11 in the first place.

5 Likes

I’d be completely opposed to this. IMO all this would accomplish is to add more division and separation to the player base than there already is. This game is already so divided between scrubs like me and the mythic+ crowd…I can’t see any good coming from this idea.

2 Likes

I am ALL FOR THIS! I literally don’t quest just because it’s way too easy and boring.

1 Like

I played classic for several months when it was released and there was more solo player content in there of value than there is in Shadowlands.

What is hilarious about this thread is world content is HARD when you don’t have gear. All these people running around with ilvl 220 plus gear and complaining world content too easy - ilvl scaling was supposed to fix things for you, yet your group squealed long and hard you didn’t want it.

3 Likes