We need a Golden Saucer

Most alliance players struggle to engage in endgame content as it is. We don’t need something else to take more alliance players away from endgame content.

I love the saucer in 14. Me and my buddy came back here just before dragonflight launched and it’s one of the biggest things that I miss from that game.

Just a cool place to chill that has mini-game events every 20-30 mins. It was so good to just go hang out for a chill evening when you didn’t want to get up to much.

That’s because the Darkmoon Faire is trash. The Golden Saucer is always packed.

3 Likes

The Manderville questline actually serves as a testbed for new facial animations for the FFXIV team. That’s why it’s so silly. They just go wild with the craziest stuff they can, it’s almost like a PTR but they put it in the live game. And people love it.

Goldsmithing is the FFXIV equivalent to WOW’s jewelcrafting…of course in WOW we don’t use hammers for it lol.

2 Likes

That’s another thing, Gold Saucer has some really nice reward incentives. Tons of glamours especially.

2 Likes

That’s because it’s impossible to NOT love Nashu, Greg/Jim, and the one and only… HILDIBRAND HELIDOR MAXIMILLIAN MANDERVILLE

2 Likes

Darkmoon needs better mini games
Would you play a snowboarding down a mountain mini game?
I heard the rebirth golden saucer won’t have it wild huh

What mini games would you like to see?

1 Like

Different playerbases are different.

I love the golden saucer it’s deff my end game in FF14. The music is so good.

3 Likes

Fine with me. Leveling is ridiculously easy and fast these days. If folks think they absolutely NEED to have that tiny 10% EXP buff, it can be a once-a-month bonus quest that gives you a buff that persists through death for the week that the current DMF is active. For the rest of the time, it could just be a fun place to hang out and goof off with some mini-games.

You know where a good location is? Gallywix’s Pleasure Palace in Azshara

3 Likes

It’s called the dark moon faire.
Blizzard just needs to make it be there all the time

This game technically has a Golden Saucer in the Darkmoon Faire, as you mentioned. But it’s only available for a week in the month, and none of the games offer prizes actually worth getting, in my opinion. The Faire is really only there for the exp buff to make leveling alts a bit easier for that week.

Which I’ve said before is largely WoW’s main problem with it’s reward structure which has since trickled down to just how WoW is culturally. If there is no player power attached to it, most people won’t touch it. That is not something that can be resolved either by dropping a Golden Saucer in.

1 Like

I agree, more toys and cosmetics only for the faire. Just putting out the only reason most folks do M+ is for gear. Certainly not for the “New dungeon experience” or the camaraderie.

Adding items that people would want to get would make DmF much more participated in.
For myself I mainly return to the faire to get the xp buff and the fortune buff .After i finish doing my crafting stuff and iʻm not interested in hanging around.

1 Like

Crazy. Motorcycle. Or Bust.

They could make that only available once a month. And also have once a month or occasional events in Darkmoon Faire.

2 Likes

THIS!

And if it’s a thing about the XP/Rep Buff being too much for all the time. They could restrict that buff to only being able to be gotten during the traditional Darkmoon Window.

Vehicle combat in this game has been eh

What about vr machines that take you to awesome places like the snowboarding and motorcycle riding

You step in and a vr head set replaces your head item and goes to a special event thing

Well frankly I don’t trust the company to make a mini game I actually want to play. Just saying they haven’t done it yet, and I include dragon flight among mini games I don’t like.

Example: not one thing at the dark moon fair that I do for any reason other than free skill points.

Heck I don’t even like vehicles in this game. It’s almost like they won with the basic engine way early on and then just completely lost any ability to successfully add to it.

Okay fair enough I like fishing in this game more than some others that try to make a lot more of it, it is almost perfectly simple and I’ve always been okay with that.

The Dragonscale expedition has that rock climbing thing. Maybe use something like that for a group competition to parkour to the top of a cliff while avoiding obstacles to get special themed costume gear/mounts/pets?
One nice thing about Gold Saucer that Iʻve seen is that even if you donʻt place high among the finishers you get something and can slowly grind your way to the rewards you want.

1 Like