We need a Golden Saucer

Golden Saucer always has people in it. So it can be done.

5 Likes

FF14 also just has a different community though. WoW players are stubborn about change and incredibly competitive because that’s how the Devs have designed their game for years.

FF14 had the advantage of their game actually being designed to appeal to different types of players from the start.

10 Likes

I have a cat like that. “Something’s changed! I don’t like it!”

Okay, Sheldon. lol

If M+ offered the same rewards as Darkmoon im sure it would see the same level of participation.

Add in some game rewards that can buy ilvl 438+ gear and im sure Darkmoon faire will get much more popular.

3 Likes

The equivalent of the gold saucer in WOW is the Darkmoon Faire. Which I’m fine with. But 1) it should be available all the time. 2) there should be more minigames. 3) it’s fine if they make the profession XP quests once a month.

I will say, I like dragon races a LOT more than chocobo racing in FFXIV. So maybe next expansion they will implement flying races there. Plus, the pet battle system in FFXIV at the gold saucer is not something I find fun at all. I guess some people might like it, it’s this weird tower defense sort of thing. I just don’t find it engaging at all. WOW pet battles are basically Pokemon with the serial numbers filed off, and I do find it fun because you can do it in bite sized chunks, rather than spending a half hour on a weird tower defense thing.

3 Likes

No, that would be a bad idea. Then the elites would cry that DMF is “required”.

This is supposed to be some place you can relax. Rewards are toys and cosmetics. Nothing more.

2 Likes

We NEED a crossover if this gets done… specifically, give us a crossover with THE Godbert Manderville if this is done.

They would have to take the 10% EXP bonus out of it if that were the case.

I can only imagine the reaction if Godbert showed up in WOW, without pants.

1 Like

I agree. Make it permanent, build it out, add more games / activities. Add portals in all major cities.

They would be if there was a better reward structure and more things to choose from. Like, I still want the darkmoon blimp but plinking away a few tickets one week a month makes me not even bother engaging with it.

1 Like

Nah, blizz can’t make brand new content interesting anymore.

Remember how they announced Dragonriding and everyone was excited. Yeah. It was exciting at first, now it’s just another mount mechanic that irritating especially when treasure hunting.

They announced dreamsurges. Excited for 2 weeks, died down

Superblooms, excitement only lasted a day

They need to make Hearthstone and Warcraft Rumble playable in game in darkmoon faire. Which will help give it a Golden Saucer feel.

1 Like

Throwaway cinematic cutscene with him going “limit break” and just beaning someone with a gigantic goldsmith’s hammer, please!

why? nobody is forced to take the xp buff

It traditionally doesn’t do well in this game

FF14 and WoW have two very different kinds of playerbases.

Most alliance players struggle to engage in endgame content as it is. We don’t need something else to take more alliance players away from endgame content.

I love the saucer in 14. Me and my buddy came back here just before dragonflight launched and it’s one of the biggest things that I miss from that game.

Just a cool place to chill that has mini-game events every 20-30 mins. It was so good to just go hang out for a chill evening when you didn’t want to get up to much.

That’s because the Darkmoon Faire is trash. The Golden Saucer is always packed.

3 Likes

The Manderville questline actually serves as a testbed for new facial animations for the FFXIV team. That’s why it’s so silly. They just go wild with the craziest stuff they can, it’s almost like a PTR but they put it in the live game. And people love it.

Goldsmithing is the FFXIV equivalent to WOW’s jewelcrafting…of course in WOW we don’t use hammers for it lol.

2 Likes