We LiStEn oT cOmMuNiTy FeEdbAcK! - The elemental Nerf no-one asked for

This isn’t a small nerf that you can compensate with, This is HUGE it’s the biggest kneejerk reaction to things i’ve seen in the last 2 years and i live in australia with scott Morrison as a prime minister

10 Likes

They have their plan and they are going to stick with it. Their metrics have nothing to do with player interests. Perhaps they have a randomizer that tells them which specs to nerf, and randomly chooses abilities and spells to nerf, and by how much.

1 Like

Most people don’t even have their 2 set. This change is to address the craziness of the the 4set bonus.

I agree they should compensate elsewhere. But it’s way too early to be getting angry over it.

These changes have only just gone live. Would you rather they blindly make changes in anticipation, or would you rather correct changes in response?

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just love the wildly different world view you can encounter here. Again, with 100% certainty that they have the gospel truth.

2 Likes

The answer to accessability issues that NO-ONE HAS BROUGHT UP EVER is to nerf our primary cooldown by 50% and then remove the big roll over bonus we had already started using? yeah you aren’t going to be winning nobel prizes here mate.

7 Likes

I dunno, man.

That sounds like some people have had a problem with it. “Significant accessibility concern” means it has proven difficult for some people with disabilities. That should absolutely be taken seriously.

8 Likes

no one asked for such a crap set bonus either, we dont wanna be a pet class. just give us buffs to other spells…

oh yeah, arcane is still in the gutter. So im not too upset about our set bonuses. (from a pvp standpoint)

No-one has mentioned it in forums, No-one has mentioned it on reddit, No-one has mentioned it in discords that Elemental going into 0.6 second casts (Which is still limited by GCD of a minimum of 1 second) Has accessibility issues.

Rogues have a 1.0 second GCD and all of their abilities are instant cast, Should we bring rogues to a 1.5 second GCD and reduce energy regeneration so you can’t hit buttons as often because of accessibility? It is literally the same argument here.

Let’s take whirlwind out of fury’s rotation because it’s too many buttons and it might make things inaccessible, Literally the same argument.

They have gone and done us dirtier than they did arthas by disenchanting him into 35 Anima by throwing a nerf bat larger than Sargeras’ sword at us for no reason and lied straight to our faces.

10 Likes
  1. How big a nerf is it, actually?
  2. How does it compare to other dps?

A lot of people are mostly upset that they’re nerfing a baseline talent because a temporary 4 piece set makes it somewhat broken, as is the usual case with shamans and borrowed power.

7 Likes

Hey, you leave my WW out of this.

1 Like

12-14% single target. This change pushes us basically to the absolute bottom of RDPS.

13 Likes

This is categorically false. The GCD was also affected by the stacks (for LB and CL). Meaning the GCD for those spells was also 0.6 sec.

1 Like

single target will prove to be about 18% and aoe depending on build once you have your tier before and after of near 40% based on early napkin math for a class that wasn’t going to be beating the big guys for output and has to carry more responsibility.

1 Like

That’s pretty hefty nerf. Was shaman that far ahead of everyone?

No, We were a solid A tier we were not an S tier class we are A tier because we brought good damage to the group and we bring plenty of utility.

1 Like

This is also false. It works out to be about an 11% ST nerf, based on what the sims are showing. And AOE is even less.

2 Likes

No. We were behind several RDPS specs and a ton of melee specs.

1 Like

Ah another patch where they slap Shamans once more.
Enhancement and Elementals are just being treated awfully every expansions and patches.

1 Like

imagine if the set bonus made LB and lavaburst just hit harder in the first place instead of relying on talents and gimmicks instead of actual class design.

3 Likes