We had a great first day!

I log in at 245 and waited at the toon screen. At 259pm my buddy and I were slamming that enter world button. 3pm hit and it was ON. I was about the 4th or 5th toon to log into the crypt and I was off. The masses I mean masses were loggin in. I made the sprint to the first quest and dam it, I did not have instant quest on… I waited accpeted and was off! Turning instant quest on as I was running. Only about 10 guys were ahead of me. Looking back as I ran it was like a zombie horde at my heels. My buddy in durotar had the same experiance. Being the first few to grab and start thouse early quests gave a HUGE head start. I was able to stay 2-5 quest ahead of the masses with no comp for mobs. I was able to clear trisfal in about 3 hours. I hit lvl 11 and was pretty much alone other then a few people moving at my pace. My buddy was at work and had to log off shorty after launch time. He just wanted to see it. He called me at 6pm, after work and said he had a 213min queue time and was number 6k+. We laughed. I picked some professions and started fishing waiting for him to jump on so we could play together. I watched as the masses started to catch up in level and pass by me as I fish. My goal was just to speed thought the starting zone and enjoy the launch. Reading the general chat I could tell the after work, kids are in bed, crowd has logged in with coments like… “OMG 7k queue dont log out” or “its taken me 30 mins to kill 10 zombies on the first quest”. My buddy finally got on and we played to about 11pm. I logged out in the barrens at lvl13 and he was still at it, determined to get to the berrans. So tired but it was fun. I havent had a 7 hour play session for years. Thank you wife for taking the kid and dog all night, and brining me food and coffee as I “nerd out”. See you guys later!

9 Likes

You should have streamed it like a pro. Epic fail. :sunglasses:

1 Like

any vid or pics (SS or it didn’t happen)

bring on the fresh realms for these memories again

2 Likes

Holy necro, Batman!

hmmm interesting

Necro from hell, but don’t ya’ll remember the 1st time you played WoW and had a great time like OP?
Mine was on retail and everyone was screaming about Trump and Roux lmao.
Ahh, the memories.

All he’s been doing is spam necroing