We got it all wrong we are the perfect class

I personally like it; granted I really hated all the Covenant powers and was a Kyrian sympathizer day 1.

Really wish the Covenant power was removed from every shaman spec tree and instead was placed in the Class tree. Kinda like how… o idk, the mage love child has it?

I wish the same for Druids too, convoke too iconic to NOT be in the class tree.

1 Like

Shamans are so perfect to the point that we are either OP or utter dog :poop:
Never seen Restos inbetween.

Stockholm syndrome is real.

1 Like

This would lead to every shaman being forced to take it. Currently both ele and enh have the illusion of being able to skip it with a lightning build, but if its in the class tree there would be no way around it.

That’s simple, kick a dev’s behind in pvp. With dev’s it’s never a “skill” issue… coincidentally there’s a beta event to pvp with the dev’s coming up soon.

Honestly, people should try and flood that event with shaman, and try to make the devs pay attention there. If they are only playing against shaman, maybe they will be forced to look at them.

1 Like

Shamans have the coolest sub class trees and are by far the most OP. I’m glad they got nerfed. Fire mage needs a buff please!

Wait what

lol

The issue is that Blizzard is terrible a communicating which is really bad because 90% of forums posters tend to not search information which makes a such as perfect storm. Take this for example.

Sure thats the only thing they posted. Here’s the changes in the latest Beta Build from this past Tuesday.

Shaman

• Chain Lightning: Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 70.04% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 2 3 total targets. 100 yd range. Instant.
  • Conductive Energy: Name changed from “Conductive Energy (NYI)” to “Conductive Energy”. Gain the effects of the Lightning Rod talent: Lightning Rod Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, and Chain Lightning make your target a Lightning Rod for 8 sec. Lightning Rods take 20% of all damage you deal with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning. THIS IS NYI
  • Earthsurge: Allies affected by your Earthen Wall Totem, Ancestral Protection Totem, and Earthliving effect receive 10% increased healing from you. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.
  • Lightning Bolt: 2 sec cast Instant.
  • Lightning Bolt Overload Casts a bolt of lightning at the target for [ 114% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. 30 yd range. 2 sec cast. Instant.
  • Lively Totem: Your Healing Tide Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Cloudburst Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem cast a free, instant Chain Heal at 100% effectiveness when you summon them. Instant.
  • Nature’s Guardian: When your health is brought below 35%, you instantly heal for 20% of your maximum health. Cannot occur more than once every ?? 45 sec. Shaman - Level 40 Talent. Shaman - Level 40 Talent.
  • Skyfury Totem: Summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that increases the critical effect of damage and healing spells of all nearby allies within 40 yards by 20% for 15 sec. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 0.6% of Base Mana. Instant. 40 sec cooldown. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Shaman. Requires level 10. Instant.
  • Whirling Elements: Elemental motes orbit around your Surging Totem. Your abilities consume the motes for enhanced effects. Water: Your next Healing Wave or Healing Surge also heals an ally inside of your Healing Rain at100% at 100% effectiveness. Air: The cast time of your next healing spell is reduced by 40%. Earth: Your next Chain Heal applies Earthliving at 150% effectiveness to all targets hit.
  • Whirling Water: Your next Healing Wave or Healing Surge also heals an ally inside of your Healing Rain at100% effectiveness. Instant. at 100% effectiveness. Instant.
  • Wind Barrier: If you have a totem active, your totems grant you a shield absorbing totem grants you a shield absorbing [ 6% of mhp damage for 30 sec every 0 seconds. Instant. 30 sec. Instant.

Elemental

• Surge of Power: Earth Shock, Elemental Blast, and Earthquake enhance your next spell cast within 15 sec: Flame Shock: The next cast also applies Flame Shock to 1 additional target within 8 yards of the target. Lightning Bolt: Your next cast will cause 2 additional Elemental Overloads OverloadL:s. Chain Lightning: Your next cast will chain to 1 additional target. Lava Burst: Reduces the cooldown of your Fire and Storm Elemental by 6.0 sec. Frost Shock: Freezes the target in place for 6 sec. Elemental Shaman - Level 45 Talent. Elemental Shaman - Level 45 Talent. 100 yd range.

Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration

• Skyfury Totem: Primordial Wave summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that increases the critical effect of damage and healing spells of all nearby allies within 40 yards by 20% for 15 sec. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 10.
  • Static Field Totem: Summons a totem with 4% of your health at the target location for 6 sec that forms a circuit of electricity that enemies cannot pass through. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 60 sec 1.5 min cooldown. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Shaman. Requires level 10.

Granted much of it is mostly text changes but there are a few important things that came in. However they only posted about the bold. It’s dumb that their aren’t as many post regarding these smaller changes but then again for like 90% of the playerbase this information completely incomprehensible to them.

Most Shaman players have Stockholm Syndrome with the idea that we must have mouth breather gameplay like Chain Harvest and Fae Transfusion.

No, what’s actually dumb is acting like adding a space to a tooltip is a class change worth talking about. Other classes and spec’s have had huge changes to their talent trees, have had tuning passes, their tier reworked while shaman are just getting some hero talents implemented, and your gonna sit there and be like “well actually they also added a space in a tooltip” and think it’s a smart take.

1 Like

Its not some sort of a giga smart take. The issue is very much the fact that if they were posting this kind of stuff people would (rightfully mind you) be freaking the hell out. So they’re not saying thing which is making people freaking the hell out. But there is stuff there. Look at some of the modifiers such as some the changes related to making Lightning Bolt instant is something, however we don’t know if it is simply a spell ID for Overcharge, or if said ID is related to a specific ability’s (Primordial Wave or Thorim’s Incovation). Which is again, makes it incomprehensible to the vast majority of the player base. Week over week they are modifying the hero talents. Not to mention that there are bug fixes that are not even picked up from datamining.

Don’t take my statement as any type of attempting to defend Blizzard. This is 100% their fault and our class as a whole is going to suffer for it. But yall need to take a chill pill. I’ve never seen the community so volatile, not even the Frost DK community was like this going into to SL with all the balancing nightmare stuff that happened with 2hand. Not saying you can’t be mad but (I’m mad) but think about stuff, check multiple sources, and relax. Yall are acting like your IRL kid is getting hit with a bat.

Blizz really out here giving shamans that HAWK TUA treatment

But people aren’t acting like their kid is getting hit with a bat? People are mad, like you even said you were, and were having fun at a multi billion dollar companies expense. People much smarter than me have made post after post about issues with the class, the specs, the hero talents, and bugs. People are checking sources their looking at the wow forums, wohead, their watching streamers( who are even making jokes about the same things), and going to discords.

I’m going to argue that those folks are not the same folks that have basically turned the beta feedback thread into a Live Journal entry/Creative Writing Blog. Also gonna throw out there that those same smart people are pretty frustrated at the amount of garbage and dooming in the feedback thread. I would say they should remove all the “updates when” posts to trim the fat but considering we had somebody unironically bring back bus shock with many folks praising him in memorial post for his ban and became mad that said memorial thread got deleted would only piss people off more. Which is another reason why people are making jokes about Shamans because we somehow managed to out cringe Demon Hunters.

We’re gonna be in a rough spot going into the expac and its gonna suck that the devs did this to us but at very least I’m gonna enjoy the amount of people that will be unironically mad and flabbergasted they didn’t rip Pwave out of Shaman or they didn’t stick 2 hand Enhance in because they spent 2-3 months feeding their own negativity and not thinking critically.

What do you expect people to post about in the feedback thread when shaman receive zero changes? There is nothing to give constructive feedback on.

1 Like

Yea I agree with you here the beta forums are way too cluttered with that, but people are still making really good posts. I play resto I like Pwave, but can see why other people hate it.

Firstly its because people prefer the alternates to this lame abiltiy.

Secondly

Kind of insulting right? I mean we never getting any changes unless its nerfs. We usually underperform at the start of every expac. If you cant see both sides of the coin and understand the frustration is warranted then good luck you. Its delusional to think dont panic or freakout. Remember when blizz said we didnt have time to work on you guys? What sort of excuse is that? How do you mismanage and disrspect your own playerbase so bad. Its shameful and damn right embarrassing and then have people like you say dont worry, or they dont say anything in fear of… well by that logic they know what they are doing is wrong. But guess what? Saying anything is btter then being silent. For shame

1 Like

It’s rare that I laugh at something genuinely on these forums but that got me

There’s two sides to this and I understand both.

Genuine feedback is buried in the noise, while at the same time the feedback being ignored and overall silence is generating said noise, so

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Most of that is MMO Champion junk datamining. Lightning Bolt isn’t going to be instant cast, Chain Lightning isn’t getting a 100 yard range.

Everything else is just tooltip corrections.

1 Like

Post feedback that is grounded in reality or emotionally work out somewhere else instead of burying feedback on things that if not fixed will brick this whole class. There is a lot of feedback and suggestions that are reasonable and working within the scope that hero talents are not full done, hero talents have bugs that essentially brick parts of hero talents, and for enhance specifically the fact the tier set is so brokenly overpowered it makes playing a build + hero talent (thats bugged btw) combo that has low synergy our best single target option in raid testing and is going to get nerfed. Do you think people asking for 2 hand enhance is equally as important as people identifying build-breaking bugs like the fact Stormstrike doesn’t trigger Awakening Storms? You know, the hero talent set that is seemingly made for the “spam Stormstrike or cry” build?

I’d say like 10% of that thread is useful.

Why it lame though? Like there is nothing wrong with saying you don’t like something but here’s a wild thought…maybe explain what aspects about that make you feel that it is lame. I imagine that if a lot more people articulated what issues they had with Pwave that caused it to be not fun, lame, clunky, degenerate, or [adjective] throughout the expansion maybe there would have been adjustments to make it fun or much more enjoyable to play. Instead, most just say “Pwave bad chain harvest good” and say nothing else. If that is all the people have to have to offer (which is exactly what the majority of Pwave haters have posted in the beta thread) then offer it but don’t be annoyed when they don’t do anything with it.

Think of it like this: when you ask the devs to remove something that has multiple interactions with a spec or class and replace it with something else, you’re asking them to tear down a house or a room and build another. Whereas when you ask them to adjust an ability, you’re asking to just remodel. Which one of those options do you think these (incompetent) builders are more likely to be motivated to do and more importantly which one of those options do you think they are less likely to mess up?

As somebody who is locked in to play Enhance for my guild who hopes to push for HOF come Season 1 I very much get it. I may be faced with my spec being garbage with the knowledge that if that is the case, I will be holding my guild back from achieving that. My spot is not in jeopardy because of WFT (give Ele a raid buff) but that means Enhance’s tuning and functionality is an important factor in succeeding in that goal. I am seething with anger at these devs for this but there’s a way to constructively and adaptively work out your emotions about a video game. Most certainly there is a way to do so without hampering the efforts of people who are trying their best to provide meaningful feedback despite how demoralizing it must feel to be seemingly left on read by devs and their work buried by the very people they are trying to advocate for.

1 Like