We don't believe you

Did a session with a friend and I do not believe you that you somehow improved the rating deflation. Why? Because the average experience of people we played was well over 2400 at abut 1500 MMR…still. We saw glad mounts literally every other match. This is why people are abandoning your game. It never feels good to get dunked on and lose rating to players who should not be hard stuck 1000 rating below where they normally are.

5 Likes

They pushed everybody up by around 70 points. Which…probably won’t be sufficient.

3 Likes

They have definitely increased mmr, but they’re doing so extremely slowly (probably as a precaution to avoid inflating it too much) but the side effect of that is nobody actually cares if the situation isn’t drastically different right now. People have already been putting up with this for 6 weeks, so the “just wait a bit longer for it to fully take effect and feel better” advice isn’t palatable. So, people will still just continue not playing.

8 Likes

Haven’t bothered with arena in like two weeks. Just doing heroic raids and keys pvp arena is just not sufficient anymore.

3 Likes

Obligatory “WHAT IS THIS, INFLATION FOR ANTS??? IT NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST 3 TIMES AS BIG”

1 Like

i logged my warrior and back to back ripped apart 3 lobbies filled with glad mount players

I was planning to bench my main spec and gear it with an alt spec regardless of inflation, also cuz I’ll be busy this coming month. I truly hope to see incentivization improvements when I wish to climb later in the summer… The main benefit of inflating MMR is that I, for example, don’t have to play at 1900 against players who are normally 2500 at this point in the season. I just want my illusion man… they won’t restore my OG red one, so I see this one as redemption. It’s my life’s purpose :joy:

Games pvp is so dead it’s the same glad players over and over lol even at lower ratings

2 Likes

I doubt there’s much they can do to make 3v3 pop again.

https://drustvar.com/leaderboard/activity

8803 3v3 GAMES PLAYED IN THE LAST 72 HOURS
78072 SHUFFLE ROUNDS PLAYED IN THE LAST 72 HOURS
(a month ago I checked and these numbers were 13k and 93k respectively)

You can inject mmr into 3’s all day but unless it gets to the point where the vast majority of people feel like Glad is obtainable (meaning it’s been severely devalued) I don’t think there’s going to be enough participation to change how bad it feels. A very large portion of the bottom of the ladder has been knocked out for good imo.

3 Likes

The cat’s out of the bag as you said. Removing Shuffle now would just permanently gut pvp, far more than anything we feel its going through now.

The best thing is to make unique rewards for grouped arenas that you -cannot- get in RSS that are both new and again, solely obtained from LFG/grouped arenas. I say the best thing but that’s just my best idea of how to help the mode.

4 Likes

They need to get to SL S2 levels of inflation again, the only reason I even came back for Dragonflight after quitting in early BFA was because I heard lifetime rivals were getting free glad mounts in shadowlands.

Glad is already devalued because of bfa/shadowlands, blizz needs to pump up the inflation in 3s to SL S2 or DF S1 shuffle levels

So how did you come back to dragonflight if that was happening in shadowlands?

The inflation level that we’re at now is how it should have felt around the end of week 2-3 imo

2 Likes

Was focusing on school, so I wasn’t paying attention to any news related to wow.

Started playing again in september of last year once I had more free time after graduating.

so if kohls is having a crazy sale, an unbelievable sale, and then 2 years later you hear about it, do you go to the store and ask about the sale?

I go there asking when the next sale is??? And if they don’t do another sale, I just don’t buy from them? Kinda like how this season is dying and I haven’t played since week 2 of it. If there’s no inflation I’m just not playing?

but you weren’t playing before so why does it matter? just like how you weren’t a customer before, are they going to have the sale just because you aren’t a customer anymore? well you never were a customer.

As a business they want to have more sales, so yes they will eventually have sales to attract new customers.

constant sales devalue a product. you are not the target audience.

Perhaps they chose the wrong audience to cater to? All I’ve been seeing on the forums this season and most of last season were people complaining about deflation. Maybe it’s best to rethink your strategy when R1 in 3s is at 2400. Maybe it’s best to rethink your strategy when there’s barely any 3s games being played daily