We don’t have any specific Hunter changes to announce at this time

Envy is an ugly thing, do better.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how that is envy? If you feel as if you can’t provide productive feedback due to bugs I’d say the best u can do is comment on aesthetics etc or literally anything else other than spamming the forums with the same post on every thread :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The dev for hunter is so non-existent. It’s laughable. There’s been so many suggestions and attempts at constructive feedback and they come out with “nope, nothing in the tube for changes”…

8 Likes

I feel that there is not only no hunter dev. But, there is a lack of communication in general.

3 Likes

The hunter class has no dev it falls to whoever gets unlucky to work on the class and that unlucky dev will not listen to any feedback it’s been this way for a few years it took like 4 years to get them to fix animal companion…but at the end of the day they just don’t care maybe microsoft their ai to work.

3 Likes

I get that. I am mostly just taking note of the lack of input happening across the board. I can’t remember a time we have ever been days into alpha and only a few posts from players has happened.

Perfect example of “sounds great, means little”.

As for pets, I’ve a few thoughts:

1. I think all pets should be “trainable” to get the unique characteristics that exist within the game currently (excluding spirit beasts). Make it part of a pet tree like it used to be. I hate being stuck with a pet I really don’t enjoy putting out there visually just for the stat-stick. It’s a horrible design. Like being forced to not transmog a gun, or something, if you hate guns.
  2. BM not only needs to keep spirit beasts, but also the dual-pet bit, AND both pets need to be customizable as in point #1. Make them both 75-80% of the full max or something, but give us two REAL pets, not one pet and one shadow. It’s called beastmaster, make it about mastering beasts.
  3. Leech - This needs to trickle back, maybe at 100% for your damage and 50% for a pet damage or something, but this would go a LONG way towards alleviating the whole “hunters get no passive dot healing” issue.
  4. MM hunters and pets - I’ve no issue with them wanting to roll without pets, and let them get a BIG boost if they get rid of their pet, that’s kind of the spec’s niche. Just like how Survival gets to run up and swing and hit things. Let’s truly make each of the three specs feel ‘unique’. Not saying MM HAS to give up their pet, but make it a real option, again, not this half baked nonsense. For that matter, make Surv the same way.

Specs:
1a) MM with pet
1b) MM without pet
2) BM - has two pets
3a) Surv with pet
3b) Surv without pet

This is how the class should be right now IMO. Doesn’t mean it will be, because we’ve got a rock and two sticks managing class development, but this would give the class it’s diversity while still maintaining a holistic combined huntery feel.

2 Likes

I’d say we should have:
Specs:
1a) MM with pet
1b) MM without pet
2a) Ranged BM
2b) Melee BM
3a) Ranged Surv with / without pet
3b) Melee Surv with / without pet

That way we have lots of options and cover most if not all of the most common requests I have seen, also bring back / expand on pet talents

yeah man one class should definitely have 6 different things going on with it. you forgot petless bm and melee MM

3 Likes

That’s a much more difficult thing to apply tho. Making pet/non-pet talents is far more feasible.

Missing:
a) BM 1 pet
b) BM 2 pets

pretty true! okay, so the hunter class should defintely be reworked to include all the following variations that are all competitively tuned against each other

1. melee bm with 1 pet
  2. melee bm with 2 pet
  3. ranged bm with 1 pet
  4. ranged bm with 2 pet
  5. melee sv with 1 pet
  6. ranged sv with 1 pet
  7. melee sv with 0 pet
  8. ranged sv with 0 pet
  9. melee sv DW with 1 pet
  10. melee sv DW with 0 pet
  11. mm with 1 pet
  12. mm with 2 pet
3 Likes

You forgot the melee mm variants too

1 Like

Nondriel: unhappy when people ask to remove msv
Also Nondriel: how dare you try and add another melee option

I mean yeah, doesn’t mean it can’t be done though. I mean shoot, we could do ranged and melee attacks way back in vanilla, I don’t see why we can’t implement ranged and melee again. Besides, it’s not like Blizz is a small company, they have the resources to work on hunters, we shouldn’t just settle for meh.

1 Like

hey bud can you point exactly where I said I was unhappy with adding another melee option?

So 1a and 1b exist, so all that would be added is a melee option to BM and a ranged option to Survival. Apparently you feel this is too much based on this?

Point is you get annoyed when people ask to remove melee from survival, I suggested adding a melee and a ranged option and you still aren’t happy

who’s annoyed here? I said it’s completely realistic to think they’ll add 6 different variant of specs inside 1 class

1 Like

They’d just need to add two, ranged survival and melee bm, I would be happy to settle for ranged survival though. I was simply trying to include most of the requests I have seen repeated as I said before

1 Like

it’s just not realistic. sorry man. petless SV would not function

3 Likes