WC3 Reforged Night elf models posted

I’d be ok with Bastion turrets for NE defensive structures.

Uncloth women?! Oh no, put a burka on her!

This. That outfit looks uninspired. The hood needs to go at the minimum.

9 Likes

First thought was, “what the hell is Kerillian doing here?”
Second thought was how wildly they missed the mark from the OG design.

13 Likes

Nature magic is still magic and it’s really powerful…

2 Likes

Hmmm…ok.

I don’t have a problem with the druid, I like his armor especially the wings. I want those. I do wish his eyes weren’t gold, not all ne makes have gold eyes. Most have silver like how the archers eyes should be. I have no clue as to why they are red. Why it’s her bow glowing red-ish too? If anything it should be blue or silver. The armor it’s just ok but it doesn’t read huntress, sentinel, or priestess. That hood has to go. As a druid I hate that I’m stuck with it.

What’s the Bastion reference everyone is talking about.?

Edit: That druid is a bit Midivh-ish. It’s still not as bad as that archer though.

12 Likes

Edit : This is a bastion skin in Overwatch

7 Likes

What the hell is that thing :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean and you are correct. It’s just really weird for me that they used only the word “magic”, when they could have use (like you say) “Nature magic” or something like that.

especially when one of the most important points in Night Elf history is the “Ban” on Arcane Magic, which had a huge impact in their culture. And is also what separates them from their Quel’dorei brothers and sisters.

6 Likes

Male Night Elves during the War of the Ancients Era commonly retained the Silver Eyes they were born with only receiving Golden Eyes due to slight exposure to Nature Magic like Malfurion did…

As for the Red Eyed Sentinel with a Red Bowstring… Perhaps the Reforged edition of WC3 is referencing an unknown Plot Point in BfA… Perhaps Blizzard wants us to believe the Night Elf ferocity is something else’s doing and that something else is controlling Sylvanas’s Dark Rangers/Wardens…

Reforged is apparently changing things according to Blizzcon…

I’m hoping they accidentally put the dark ranger model on that image instead of the night elf archer. The male looks fine and is true to the original game, but the female is just atrocious and looks like she belongs in the undead faction.

17 Likes

Even now it’s still rare. It actually has nothing to do with nature as both Illidan and Azshara had golden eyes and that practiced the arcane.

4 Likes

The Overwatch skin? That’s Bastion. He’s one of the few bastion units leftover from the omnic crisis because he shutdown in the middle of a forest instead of following his directive to kill people in a nearby city. The bird is more or less his conscience.

1 Like

I think it looks way to heavily armored to be an Archer, personally. They’re also missing the cape which was a critical part in identifying their allegiance, based on the color.

9 Likes

Those born with Golden Eyes have nothing to do with Nature yet Night Elves have been seen gaining Golden Eyes due to Nature Magic.

Broll only gains Golden Eyes near the end of the Stormrage Novel due to use of Nature Magic despite having the Blessing of Cenarius(Antlers) at birth like how the Highmountain do!

Gold Eyes at birth is a sign of great things while Gold Eyes developing after birth is a sign of Nature Magic exposure.

Well sort of on the subject but I wish NElves got a second model revamp. The males barely look better than the first model. Looking at these makes me think of what we could have ingame.

2 Likes

I actually forgot about Broll. That thing in Stormrage kind of set that in stone. Still I wish the NE male model had the silver eyes.

2 Likes

Blizzard really should make a Non-Nature Night Elf Model… Or rather use the one from the Legion Cutscene of Illidan’s birth. They did permit the Night Warrior Model you know… They could pull off the Night Elves with Silver Arcane Eyes if they wanted to…

The Silver Eyes in the Legion Cutscene of Illidan’s birth in the case of the Males seems identical to the Blue High Elven Eyes too it seems while in the case of the Females it’s closer to Nightborne.

This is probably not surprising since Females are usually exposed to Elune’s Lunar Magic and her Lunar Magic is Arcane and would thus cause Arcane mutation in Female Night Elves while the males would retain the Zandalari Silver-Blue Eyes.

Interestingly enough Tyrande had the Zandalari/High Elven Silver-Blue Eyes borne by Male Night Elves during the War of the Ancients for whatever that is worth.

As far as the glowing red eye goes, it’s a still image, so we’re lacking a bit of context that we might understand better in 3D. It could be a ‘Red eyes, take warning’ kind of situation as well.

1 Like

Now I’m imagining a post-BfA, reinforced Kalimdor, with Blackrook Hold style walls and fortifications around all Night Elven zones, manned by wood and stone constructs that rapid fire arrows at any non-Night Elf or Worgen that gets too close.

Thanks for heightening my disappointment in whatever garbage I get, instead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just wish they were interchangeable.

9 Likes

Like the one in Starcraft 2?..