Way to make fishing more interesting without going crazy?

ehhh… i like fishing in WoW. it’s relaxing. the only thing i don’t like about it is how when your starting out in a new expansion, your fishing-up random crap instead of fish… it’s pretty annoying.

it’s an excuse to find a nice quiet place, chillax, and listen to the in-game music.

Time for a road trip to the Lakes. Michigan should be running good for steel head right now.

Fishing in Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun but the majority of players are not interested in doing that with every cast.

Maybe if Blizzard made each catch cook up 15-20 meals would it be accepted, but I just don’t see that happening.

I’d like to +1 this idea. I love fishing. Grab a beer (in-game and irl) cast a line, listen to some Floyd. It’s what I think the pre-40 crowd calls “vibing.”

For this idea, I’d like to submit either the idea from FFXI or FFXIV for fishing. Both are mini-games that invoke and involve real life aspects of fishing. Such as choosing a proper bait for the fish you want to catch, as well as having to push directional buttons to simulate pulling on the rod/line to tire the fish out. Clicking on the bobber just needs to go.

Edit: I’d also like to submit a fishing voyage type of event, just like from FFXIV. That event is insanely fun. You guys could even use the Island Expedition Framework, take out all of the mobs, or heck, leave them in - and use those ai-generated maps to have fishing holes, or just have an NPC boat go around the islands and let us fish. Also, a boat mount that has passengers, like a smaller version of the turtles used by the Tuskaar that we can use to blissfully float around on the open water with some friends catching trout.

1 Like

I tell you what… if they’d have made a WoW pro fishing game instead of that stupid Rumble; and we could utilize said caught fish on the app in Retail, I’d burn all day fishing WoW. Especially if they had rare trophy fish and secret spots to unlock.

1 Like

Nat Pagle knows all the good spots. He’s bound to have some insight into some great views and places to take some bad-a screenshots.

2 Likes

These were cool.