Way to go Blizzard, you still managed to screw up something good

Glad people see that this isn’t account bound ‘‘anything’’ and just a silly compromise that the team did (a’la Legendaries in Legion with Wakening Essences) they just want to look like they did it for the feed back.

I’m starting to think if this current team is competent in doing a proper game or if these issues are done by lead developers that don’t belong there.

It’s a technical limitation. If they moved the essences of every character on every account over to the new system at once, it would take days if not weeks, so instead the transfer happens when you log in – this way, Blizz isn’t burning money on inactive accounts and can get the feature out more quickly.

This would have been the case even if essences were plain old account bound.

The grind system is unrelated! Back when mounts and pets were made global, it worked similarly – the global pet/mount gallery didn’t have pets/mounts from characters you hadn’t signed into yet.

Where they went wrong was communication (or lack thereof). They should’ve added an in-game alert and maybe a banner on the forums informing people about this.

How would they get to be dismissive and rude through their customer support channels if they didn’t make it really easy to mess up?

NOT EVERYONE USES TWITTER BLIZZ dangit

1 Like

That was during Legion, don’t remember exactly what it was but it did happen.

I want to say it had something to do with the currency that was used to buy the legendaries when they became purchasable?

Apparently people don’t read well.

Apparently you can’t read well either or can’t tell time…or both.

2 Likes

I really hope another team is making Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I just don’t know how they determine main characters. I have multiple characters with rank 3 essences grinded out and didn’t get echoes on any of them out of the M+ or PvP chest.

That was 1 hour after reset.

1 Like

one lil mistake and you are [Removed] im seriously not impressed blizz, i know im not the only one gonna consider another game been grinding for months, now worthless not even worth the time

2 Likes

lol this post, so many issues and I’m dying

• Legion
  • KT emissary was originally 4; the issue was that only 3 were guaranteed so they reduced the emissary requirement instead
  • Blizurd (this one seems intentional)

Thanks for the laugh, have a good one.

7 Likes

why do that when you can force people into yet another time played metric grind?

1 Like

This currency should drop PERIOD. What is a main today may be an alt for the next 9 months. First good step now fix it for real.

1 Like

is needless complication the new normal?

4 Likes

I agree. I also addressed this in my forum post. Raise hell people, that’s the only way to get their attention. It's Our Fault

Everyone worried about essences while I’m over here sipping my coffee and enjoying the fact I got out of this nightmare a year ago.

Let’s hope Shadowlands is good!

2 Likes

Or people will just finish there mains and then end there sub.

1 Like

They should be completeable at any given time, not requiring to log in multiple times to see if you can complete it.

:man_facepalming: