Water strider nerf? Okay, I'm out

Because they keep removing things for no reason, then oops, bring it back. Tier? removed…no bringing it back. Water walking? removed… no bringing it back. Legendaries? removed… bringing it back? if BFA wasn’t bad enough…

2 Likes

Not against the equipment idea but it seems silly to nerf the water strider now. Just make it receive a null value from any equipment and keep the water walking effect like it currently has.

9 Likes

do people not realize they can “unerf” the waterstrider for free once 8.2 goes live?

5 Likes

Yes but a level 90 character - the level this mount was originally made for - will not be able to water walk on it. What the heck sense does that make?

1 Like

The waterstrider mount had a target on its head and ever since mop was over :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

The way I understand it is you can go to the guy who sold the waterstrider mount and buy the item to make your mounts water walk. They are bind on account so you have to send them to every character you want water walking on.

Until you decide you want to use the barding on another mount and then you have to pay to reapply the shoes on the mounts.

People are not against the equipment slots. They are against changing a mount that required work to obtain.

1 Like

Do you have a source that these items will be FREE. Someone in another thread saying gold sink.

I imagine they removed it so you don’t feel obligated to still have to use the water strider. And I think that’s a good thing. If they left it in then everyone would choose the other two options and still be forced to use the strider just to be efficient.

Nerfing it is fine in my opinion. This puts all mounts on equal footing.

1 Like

in all honesty it’s up there with things that should have never been created in the first place.

The thing that bothers me the most is that my alts that I level won’t have that convenience. It’s most of the reason I did the rep during MoP. :\

2 Likes

So the water strider should have flight?

1 Like

They have reasons, and have stated those reasons for most of that countless times, you just don’t like those reasons. There’s a difference.

1 Like

From Wowhead:

“These items will be made by professions (e.g. Dazed from Blacksmithing) and can be replaced at any time. However, the item is destroyed when replaced. [Judgehype]”(https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/article/rise-of-azshara-summit-on-a-joue-au-patch-8-2-chez-blizzard/) announced that Blizzard thinks the price should be 1,000 gold .

T&E announced that if you have a Water Strider on 8.2’s launch, you will get a free [Inflatable Mount Shoots] item which lets all your mounts walk on water. In addition, if you head to the vendor where you bought a Water Strider, you’ll be able to buy more of this item for a greatly reduced price as an advantage for those who already have the Water Strider.

of course you have to travel all the way back to pandaland to get more shoes lol

Don’t think it will be that bad. Not sure exactly how it will work though. How bout making anglers rep required to buy the ww boots?

A greatly reduced price for something we already use for free - which we spent time earning. Really I don’t like this nerfing of our efforts business.

Also, why the heck are blacksmiths making this when leatherworkers were making the barding.

But why should I have to go to the trouble to fly to the water strider vendor, and BUY this equipment/ability yet again, for who knows how many alts that I feel need it, when it was an innate ability before 8.2 and free to all my alts and instantaneous besides. I don’t know how much this piece of equipment will be, but this shouldn’t even be an issue I have to deal with, on top of all the other money and time sinks in this game. I see it only as another way to waste my time and gold on something that should be a non-issue because I already grinded out the rep to have this mount.

3 Likes

Always find it super weird when people claim they are quitting a video game because of travel.
I understand its slightly more than that this time, but I would seriously recommend anyone worked up about this, especially after the clarification to just take a step back from the game for sure.

It’s a shame that it is this way, but if after a huge information dump for the biggest patch ever you are left super upset about some travel stuff, then your patience with the game has run out.

Take some time off and wait until the patch is closer to coming out. Check back and see if your fresh perspective helps you be more excited. If not, then you made the right choice!
Best of luck either way.

2 Likes

Not sure how it works yet. I’m hoping it’s account bound and once you equip on a mount all toons get the effect. Clarification would be nice. If that’s the case we get one free ww item if we have strider.