Water strider nerf? Okay, I'm out

So Blizz says Water Strider is too dominating because of water walking with their left hand, then the right hand gives water walking to everyone.

Blizz removes tier with the left hand, then the right hand says it’s bringing it back. Left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand. Blizzard has lost all sense of what to do with this game and keeps removing uniqueness from character classes, mounts, gear… Why not just let all players create a 50% grey character and abilities so everything’s perfectly balanced, and boring.

I’m out. Maybe one day you’ll figure out how to make a game again. Peace.

16 Likes

This is the main. And I’m writing because maybe Blizzard will actually see this. We know in-game comments do not.

7 Likes

Hey man, the casuals said it’s too hard to do some timewalking during MoP so they had to fix something that wasn’t broken.

Meanwhile BoD and M+ are riddled with bugs that have been there since beta.

Guess we know which audience is catered to.

8 Likes

Expanding the mount system so players have more choices sounds so terrible.

9 Likes

Too slow, didn’t read blue posts before writing a rage thread, pulled a Rosanne Rosanadana.

2 Likes

I grinded that out just so I can travel on h2o (the _ater) letter isn’t _orking for me, lol.

Too many people complained I feel and they nerfed it so as to push people into making use of their ‘‘cool’’ idea (a lil sarcasm there).

5 Likes

Strange choice of where to draw a line in sand.

2 Likes

Quitting the game unironically because his bug mount won’t go on w-… oh wait it still can with mount equipment. Let me sit here for a moment and have a laugh at your expense.

8 Likes

Well seeing as I have 10 sky golems in the bank ATM. They will prob take that ability away too. I know they said they weren’t. Give them time.

1 Like

Because they keep removing things for no reason, then oops, bring it back. Tier? removed…no bringing it back. Water walking? removed… no bringing it back. Legendaries? removed… bringing it back? if BFA wasn’t bad enough…

2 Likes

Not against the equipment idea but it seems silly to nerf the water strider now. Just make it receive a null value from any equipment and keep the water walking effect like it currently has.

9 Likes

do people not realize they can “unerf” the waterstrider for free once 8.2 goes live?

5 Likes

Yes but a level 90 character - the level this mount was originally made for - will not be able to water walk on it. What the heck sense does that make?

1 Like

The waterstrider mount had a target on its head and ever since mop was over :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

The way I understand it is you can go to the guy who sold the waterstrider mount and buy the item to make your mounts water walk. They are bind on account so you have to send them to every character you want water walking on.

Until you decide you want to use the barding on another mount and then you have to pay to reapply the shoes on the mounts.

People are not against the equipment slots. They are against changing a mount that required work to obtain.

1 Like

Do you have a source that these items will be FREE. Someone in another thread saying gold sink.

I imagine they removed it so you don’t feel obligated to still have to use the water strider. And I think that’s a good thing. If they left it in then everyone would choose the other two options and still be forced to use the strider just to be efficient.

Nerfing it is fine in my opinion. This puts all mounts on equal footing.

1 Like

in all honesty it’s up there with things that should have never been created in the first place.