Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Get over yourself. That’s like saying riding skill is devalued because I farmed for months to afford the original epic mount price. Go outside and get some vitamin D in the sun.

36 Likes

Probably. I don’t see that level 100 limit sticking around.

But even if it did, we wouldn’t feel it much. Because there aren’t a whole lot of puddles in Vanilla content and we start flying from level 60 on. So we would only be affected in rare occasions during the 20-60 level experience which ends very fast.

I keep 4 mounts on my bars (average)
Transmog mount (Idont care what it is just what it does)
Flying mount (usually RP appropriate - I dont walk around using flying mounts)
Regular ground mount (usually RP appropriate)
Water strider mount.

That mount and its ability is that important to some players.

17 Likes

I also keep 4 mounts.

RP appropriate Flying mount, Transmog Mount, Underwater Mount and Walter Strider.

I honestly see no reason to bind a ground mount since Flying Mounts do everything Ground Mounts do plus they fly.

So I am excited about ditching the Walter Strider because it’s REALLY RP-inappropriate for pretty much every character since we can’t play as Jinyu lol

5 Likes

From now on, call me Prophet Mortis :smiley:

Pssst

6 Likes

You got to use that reward for 2.5 expansion over people who didn’t. Use your brain before posting ignorant topics like this thanks.

11 Likes

Now all your mounts have walking. There are bigger things to QQ over. Like where are my high elves

2 Likes

They take away even more things from us :frowning:

10 Likes

We have to choose water walking equipment to keep the water strider doing what it’s always done. How is that good?

35 Likes

Oh I thought they were keeping it and adding in the mount equipment? So that if you wanted you’d get water walking with it and another equipment slot?

Did I miss where they said they’re taking it away?

Yes it is. Once gear is unlocked for the first time then you can send them to alts and they’re usuable at level 20.

2 Likes

You guys are unbelievable. I did the grind too, and I’m happy they finally will allow us to see some different mounts in the world. This literally doesn’t take anything away at all - it gives everyone more options.

13 Likes

Nope! :smiley: Want your strider to stay on the water like they naturally do now? Gotta buy the floaty boots.

2 Likes

Oh, yikes. Yeah in my opinion it should keep it like it always has, and if it can have two have two benefits so what.

5 Likes

And you have enjoyed years of access to a mount ability not previously available, that even as we write this is not available to those who did not raise the reoutation and acquire the mount.

I do think it is preposterous to remove the unique ability from water striders, but I don’t buy your argument, because you already have had the benefit of your effort.

2 Likes

Ion has acknowledged that Water Striders will no longer work before level 100, and are working on a solution for this.

How about just adding something to the game without the obligatory removal of something else? Novel.

Edit: wasn’t meant to be direct response to you, Fall. Don’t bite my head off :frowning:

14 Likes

My opinion on this subject is nuanced so bear with me.

Some things should be time-limited rewards like consumables and toys. Some should not be.

Ultimately it depends on how much value it brings to the game. Take for instance the revamped armor appearances we got in Legion. Was it alright to rebuild aesthetics from earlier expansions into a more detailed set? Absolutely! This was a clear win for the team to gain attraction to a new expansion without having to dream up new designs. In fact I support them doing one of these each expansion going forward as those sets are beloved and more detailed versions of them are welcome.

Some may not like my position there but I would ask them if they’d rather all things be lost to time and if they don’t see value in them being updated.

Water walking is also one of those things. While the quests were relevant in that time and space, I do think giving new players a new pursuit (in a base item component like they are doing) brings value to the game without diminishing yours. They won’t be doing Nat Pagle quests but they will have to earn those components anyway. What makes one pursuit more worthy of another? You have the mount which belonged to that expansion. They do not. That should be enough reward.

3 Likes

The SMART solution was to let it keep water walking, but disallow it the benefits of anti daze/parachute, ala Sky Golem. But that was beyond them, they couldn’t figure that out.

17 Likes

Same. I have 3 mounts hotkeyed.

One does darkwater skate if I’m swimming, otherwise, giant raven. One is merchant yak. One is waterstrider for whenever a puddle stands in my path.