Water issue since todays maint. TBC Classic

Is anyone else having random graphics issues (yellow/purple/blue water), terrain discoloration, black skybox’s? I am seeing this in all zones, especially in Zangarmarsh since today’s maintenance. Mac OS Monterey 12.1, 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Max (32-core GPU).

1 Like

Yes. Yellow water in Terokkar since patch.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the yellow water a while ago but man this is much worse. Ugh. So much for apple silicone early adoption lol

1 Like

Turning the Liquid Detail setting down to “fair” seems to fix it.

4 Likes

Having the same problem on my end now that I can at least get the client running (had to update to OSX Monterey to even get this far…

seems increased yeah … but not with exclusively with water on retail but other things

but hey, there’s been some issue with the windowing and/or graphics (amd) which has caused pretty significantly persistent hangs and crashes and if some graphical throttle is what it takes to address that … then I’m all for it.

I am having this issue as well. I just upgraded from an M1 to an M1 Max and thought that was the issue. Hopefully they will fix it because it is rather annoying.

I was able to reproduce this, passed it on to dev and it’s already being staged to be fixed in next build that goes out. no ETA on that

1 Like

Until the fix comes in, turning your Water Quality setting down to “Fair” in the Graphics settings resolves it.

This was fixed at 2:42 EST today. Grab a new build and water issues and login issues (when bypassing launcher) fixed.

Note that classic era (1.14.x) version still has water bug and won’t be fixed until 1.14.2 ships sometime in next two weeks, but it also got login fix today.

Thanks. I noticed after the next update it went away, back to ultra high everything, much better than “fair/good” water when fishing :slight_smile: