Water Color Issues - Vanilla WoW - Mac OSX

Since the latest patch, water surface colors in Vanilla Wow range from slim green to purple, and from underneath the water looking up, the water surface appears black. Running on mac OSX and a rx580 card. This graphics color bug does NOT appear in TBC for the same account/computer.

Also, the environment detail or view distance lvl on graphics settings is broken, stuck on 1 regardless of where you slide it. Ground clutter lvl seems to still work though.

UPDATE: Turning the liquid detail down to fair or low fixed the color issue…

10 Likes

I have this exact same issue with water— green or purple, and underneath it looks black. Problem is both on my M1 laptop and my i3 Mac Mini.

I noticed it too lol, didn’t think it was Mac specific but I guess I’m wrong !! We get all sorts of exclusives :stuck_out_tongue:

Please fix this. Ultra water is so beautiful. :frowning:

Hey all,

Can you please post which Mac OS version you’re on? It seems like it’s GPU-agnostic from the posts so far, but I’m curious if you’re all on similar builds of Mac OS.

Edit: As noted by the OP - if you are having this issue you can reduce the liquid detail setting to Fair or Low which will work around the problem for now.

OS version:

Big Sur - 11.6.1
Radeon RX 580

As noted by the original poster in an update, reducing liquid detail to fair fixes the colouring.

I’m seeing this, too

Monterrey - 15.0.1

2 Likes

Monterey 12.0.1.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB
Having this problem and setting Liquid Detail to “Fair” is temporarily fixing it.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Big Sur
Liquid Detail does fix.

I too am having this “Green Water” issue on two computers running Classic Era.
Fair water fixes issue, High and Ultra makes water green from above and black from under.

Here are the computer specs:

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
(2) 3.46 GHz 6-core Xeon(s)
Radeon Red Dragon RX Vega 56 8GB

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
3.46 GHz 6-core Xeon
Radeon Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB

iMac retina 5k, 27-inch, 2020
Mac OS 10.15.7 (19H1217)
3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

Also, not sure if related - but computer has frozen three times requiring hardreset, all three times occurred just seconds after going underwater. (once in redridge, twice in wetlands). This computer hasn’t frozen/crashed since I bought it over a year ago. Now Im afraid to go underwater at all…

EDIT - Got really frustrated with the freezing and gave up - updated to latest version of Mac OS. My freezing issue has not yet presented itself again. However now all of my cursors icons are extremely overly dark/overly contrasted (brand new bug just made it myself apparently), and the water on ultra/high has changed from always green to now extreme solid blue and from under is black. Game no longer crashes when I switch triple buffering setting, although this does not solve the weird quick ambient light flickering I’m seeing.

Macs are eating it with this new classic patch, it would seem.

Happening to me as well.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Monterey 12.0

Liquid settings to Low fixes it. Anything else produces green slime water, or straight up blue/purple.

Happening to me as well!

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Monterey 12.0

happening to me too.
I am on Monterey with Intel I7 and a Radeon RX 580.

Same problem here.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz

Lowering the liquid setting to low did work but I’d still like a fix.

Same here. WoW classic on an M1 Pro 16" 2021 MBP Monterey 12.0.1. Water bodies in Darnassus are flat slime green anything above “Fair” quality in the Liquid Detail graphic setting.

1 Like

glad you guys are on top of this.

anyone else ambient lighting flickering randomly, often, as well?

1 Like

I also have green water when the graphics are set high, but so does my brother and he’s on Windows 10.

I also have had lightning flickering a bit sosmetimes i.e. sometimes everything gets a pinch brighter/darker.

I am on macOS big sur

I had not experienced this bug in the live game until the patch this morning. Same issue as the others, off-color water that is black when looking up from underneath. I noticed it on the most recent PTR, but assumed (as had been the case in the past) that it would be fixed when pushed to live.

Macbook Pro (16-inch 2019)
Radeon RX 5700 XT eGPU (Have tested on the integrated Radeon Pro 5300M and have the same issue)