Watching the dev classic trailer

No you don’t.

I am certain I do (if not 30+ incredibly close). I definitely have about 25ish keybinds, and I dont have every ability keybound.

1 Like

Count the abilities right now. I am certain you don’t.

Darling, there is nothing hard in this game. Don’t even try and defend it.

Spoken like someone that avoids all challenging content.

A = Flame Shock
S = Lava Burst
D = Earth Quake
F = Lighting Bolt
G = Frost Shock

W = Earth Shock
Z = Chain Lighting
C = Wind Shear
R = Totem Mastery
1 = Healing Surge

2 = Fire Elemental
ALT A = Astral Shift
ALT S = Thunderstorm
ALT D = Tremor Totem
ALT F = Lighting Lasso

V = Ice Fury
ALT X = Hex
ALT C = Purge
SFT C = Cleanse Spirit
ALT G = Earthbind Totem

ALT 4 = Skyfury Totem
ALT 5 = Grounding Totem
X = Storm Keeper
ALT W = Ghost Wolf
4 = Blood Lust

NoBind = WaterWalking
3 = Earth Elemental
ALT 3 = Earth Ele Defensive (when using PE Talent)
NoBind = Rez

5 Likes

Guy, wtf do you think BfA was?

They have an attorney doing “dev chats” ffs. Life pro tip: when someone retains an attorney to handle routine affairs, check ya booty, because it is getting w-r-e-c-k-e-d

You realize he worked for Blizzard (before being promoted to game director) for about twice as long as he worked as a lawyer…right?

3 Likes

Theres enough projecting in this thread to cover a screen the size of a football field.

A lot of those are PvP talents, and some of those are talents on the same tier. Count the amount of actually useable abilities in pve that you have available to you.

Ok. so knock off. what… 5?

I play with warmode on. So i use them constantly in open world pve.

You are reading something in that isn’t there. Most of those guys aren’t even working on WoW anymore plus all I hear is a bunch of nostalgia talk.

Darling, play classic for awhile and then get back to us about how easy it is. I bet you will change your mind in the 1st week

Right after you do challenging retail content.

5 Likes

Honey, if you didn’t find Vanilla easy on day 1, you were bad at the game.

If you don’t find it easy 15 years later, you’re still bad at the game.

3 Likes

Well that sounds like a gross misunderstanding of body language.

While I definitely sense this is true, keep in mind that over the years there has been a lot of turnover in planning and associated development.

The old guard were moving out when the new guard decided it was time to stop catering to casuals and make them step up their game. And so we got Cata heroics.

Despite the joy of hardcore fans at casuals being forced to play harder content, the exodus of players who were no longer happy with the game forced a rollback and nerfs.

Those supporting the original changes took the message from this that the game should have taken a hardcore turn after vanilla, instead of catering to casuals with features like flight in BC and later. They still felt that the game would have been stronger or better (in some way, even if less profitable) if devs had stuck to their guns and kept the Cata changes.

The devs who played a role in those changes are in charge now. The expansion they have created is a return to those values.

• Less rewarding content.
  • More group content gated by other players
  • Less casual content - or nerfs to make it less appealing
  • Drastic and increasing restriction on QOL big features like flight and small ones like waterwalking mounts.

Devs who still play represent only a tiny portion of the playerbase. They clearly have no idea how to design a gear progression system for anyone. They don’t care what casuals want, because they already know casuals want random high ilvl gear thrown at them. And so players who do higher difficulty won’t feel left out, they get random gear thrown at them too.

They think the grind is inherently fun and rewarding, which is why it is a part of everything now. It’s all a part of that fake nostalgia combined with living inside the bubble as they do.

2 Likes

It comes from a “yes” moment, from years of having to deal with retail. I agree that it can be perceived as annoying, but this is absolutely expected. It’s not that they’re even wrong, either.

Darling, Looks like you are a Wrath baby who never played so its amusing coming from you. Now be a dear and fetch me another cocktail…pool boy

1 Like

They are wrong, since a lot of what we’re seeing is chest-beating and “You people wouldn’t last 30 minutes in classic” to people who have no intention of playing it.

3 Likes

That’s certainly rude, but it’s not wrong.

Right people have the potential to be the most annoying. They have something to rub in faces, so they rub in faces.