Watchers: the Best Fit for Night Elf Paladins?

Was it created by the Winter Queen and Elune though? The seed was just planted in the Emerald Dream. This is just the pocket of The Emerald Dream tied to The Green Dragon shrine.

I think this whole discourse about sunbeams and how they don’t belong is overexaggerated. Let me be the voice of reason.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Emerald_Dream this zone looks like how the Emerald Dream should look.

This is how it’s always looked.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fwowpedia%2Fimages%2F5%2F51%2FEmerald_Dream_subzone.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20170116155341&tbnid=N3jXjm5dCwOEqM&vet=1&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwowpedia.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FEmerald_Dream_(subzone)&docid=LFHtNJaPReITCM&w=1024&h=768&itg=1&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim%2Fm4%2F2#imgrc=xLiuvLJC-t4jmM&imgdii=N3jXjm5dCwOEqM

1 Like

Nightlighter’s issue isn’t with how the Emerald Dream looks nor how Amirdrassil looks within the Emerald Dream. Nightlighter is talking about Amirdrassil on Azeroth that the Night Elves are building upon in the coming patch.

Oh I thought they changed it during PTR snd made it look more like moonlight? Either way the NE’s Lived in Valsharah where’s there’s tonnes of Daylight. I get the night elf aesthetic is moon and night, but they’ve never lived in eternal night. Not even in Teldrassil, there has always been daylight where night elves live. The only reason “Darkshore” was dark was because it was Old God corrupted.

That’s a convo I don’t think anyone’s ready for. The connection between the Moon and the Shadow (Void)

1 Like

We have not 1 but 2 cinematics showing how the seed was created.
Step 1: Elune and the Winter Queen turns Elune’s Tear into the Sister’s Tear
Step 2: Night elf souls insfuse the Tear with their essence and the seed is formed.

So… we have Elune + Winter Queen + Kaldorei souls creating the seed.

I’m not against daytime at all… what I’m saying is that it bothers me that there is no Night time at all.
We’ve always had day/night cycles. Only Ashenvale was once stated to be always night but that’s old rpg lore I think.
Even with all that, those zones still are covered with a nice shade/mist with a purple hue that makes the day less bright.

2 Likes

Yeah, elfzones might have a day/night cycle, but it’s not nearly as prominent or noticeable as, say, the Barrens. I’d hope that same degree of muted light exists on release Amirdrassil.

1 Like

Oh the seed.

I misunderstood I thought you meant the Emerald Dream.

1 Like

As a Druid main I love the Emerald Dream and I have no problems with that.
I’ve only been pointing out that for a seed created by Elune and Winter Queen destined to be a home for Night Elves turning into an island where there’s never night sky or the Moon is imo bad for Night Elves.

2 Likes

In Midnight when the world is pitched into eternal darkness will change that.

1 Like

It’s not really eternal if we end up stopping it.
shrugs

But what if we don’t?

What if The Last Titan ends with the destruction if this Universe? (To create another one through the sacrifice of our PC?

1 Like

Then we finally found something to stem the hypothetical flow of cash.

3 Likes

No I’m actually talking about a metaphysical concept. You know the movie The Neverending Story?

You know the ending.

3 Likes

There is the idea that our universe exists after the death of several previous universes. And a lot of unexplained particles/matter are hypothesised to be remnants of said destruction. This might actually be true, though we have no way of proving it. In fact, it’s likelier to be true than untrue, since we don’t understand the creation of the universe fully.

I’m no physicist, but sounds plausible to me.

1 Like

Michael Ende was a good theologist/anthroposophist and a good fantasy writer.

I see a lot of inspiration from him in WoW story. The empress was named "Moonchild "

1 Like

Well… let’s not go to extremes here. There’s a difference between wanting to have a zone where Night Elves can enjoy a beautiful Night with the light of the Moon shining on their lands and other thing is to have a world plunged into pure darkness from the void.
Night Elves enjoy, prefer and thrive at night but they are also attuned to nature and know about the importance of the sun for all live to prosper.
And still I only want Amirdrassil to a) be set to Night time as a gift to elves from their Goddess or b) reestablish a day/night cycle.