Watch The War Within™: Threads of Destiny

7 Likes

Long as this doesn’t get slyvannas levels of dumb it looks alright

4 Likes

Woooow I like this!!

Xal comes off like you mushed Denathrius and Bwonsamdi together lol.

Mischievous as heck

6 Likes

This was great! Xal’atath actually felt like a proper villain in this and spooky, not just another NPC saying “The end times are here!”

Is this the only animated video for TWW, or are there more to come?

4 Likes

Yeah this 100%.

I want Xal’atath to just be a completely unhinged sociopath with no motive or reasoning, no tragic backstory that drove her to insanity or that she is being controlled by a greater baddie like sylvanas etc etc , I kinda would just like her to be that one dimensional badass villain hell bent on destroying stuff lol.

So far, I think Xal’atath is being set up as one of the better villains of WoW and she hasn’t disappointed yet so I think we are on the right track. She was excellent in this cinematic.

8 Likes

some good food. more of this please :pray:

Poor misunderstood outsider trope… again. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m so glad Blizzard never stopped doing these since WoD. They were SO, so good and still haven’t changed in that aspect. I love watching them.

2 Likes

Uhmm idk about that. She seems pretty evil LOL. If she was “misunderstood” I highly doubt that she would be smiling as she encourages a daughter to kill her mother lmao.

10 Likes

What is this soap opera crap.

4 Likes

We must have watched two completely different cinematics.

3 Likes

That was a cool trailer. Only a few more sleeps until the next xpac. Very exciting!

1 Like

I’m talking about the spiders… obviously.^^"

LOL no kidding. Rated T for Teen.

So, her own daughter did all of this for what? Power and control? Or is it ignorance on displaying power and strength? She should’ve listened to her own mom when she has more experience than her own daughter ever have in terms of governance.

Xal’atath is a master manipulator. Guessing she was…well, manipulated. It is very heavily implied that Xal’atath convinced her to do this.

5 Likes

Just because the voices in her head told her to I guess.

Oh I enjoyed that very much. Great job on the cinematic.

1 Like

Why didn’t you warn us about the spiders before clicking the link?

Not cool blizzard! Not cool!

Oh nevermind I see the warning now lol.

“What is this, what are you doing my daughter?”
“Succeeding you, mother!”

16 Likes