Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview

Don’t get me wrong. I’m very happy that we’re using the open world. But a part of me feels like we’ll of gotten cheated if Nyalotha is just a raid we enter, and not a zone in it’s own right. Who knows though. Maybe they’ll reveal it as the new world we go to in the next expansion. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

Exciting.

AH questions. Will there be buy orders? And will there be basic undercut functionality for items that don’t stack (like bags and pets)?

This patch looks more interesting than anything else that’s happened in BFA so far.

That said, I’m thinking Vulpera on Horde is going to be the final nail in the coffin for player balance between factions.

5 Likes

The video mentions that Nyalotha is an alternate, parallel word (linked to start at the beginning of that portion):

I think, lore-wise, Nyalotha is another realm like the Emerald Dream and may not be a physical land mass like Northrend, for example.

The middle finger isn’t the index finger.

wheres the horde bee ion?

Cries in Reforging

1 Like

I’m so interested in what they do with Titanforging. Sounds like it may no longer be a thing and replaced with something better and less RNG. That would be perfect. I’m hoping it’s an upgrade system, I really liked when an upgrade system was around.

And all Old God content is the best content.

1 Like

But they could allow cross faction grouping/guilds though to help with the faction balance problem.

:cookie:

OK, I see we are getting some new content. Now how about the issue with essences? The essence grind for alts is a joke. Can we please have some way of getting some of them to our alts so we can experience some other classes in the new content.

2 Likes

But Horde players asked for Vulpera, not gilgoblins, means they’ll get Vulpera.

To me, this represents the first good patch for Battle for Azeroth.

On the upside, the concept and challenge of the horrific visions for solo or multiple players looks good and I look forward to running them, the use of existing zones for the assaults and thus getting players out in the open world is a good goal, and the revamping of the AH is a fantastic development (thank you, thank you, thank you).

On the downside, I think the heritage armor sets are sorely lacking in their design. I’m especially not a fan of the worgen heritage armor. And as for yet another alternative progression system with the horrific visions tree, are we really going to constantly see a new system like this every patch? Why not just go back to one unifying talent tree type system like we saw with the Artifact weapon for an entire expansion instead? This approach with having a new one every patch seems overly complicated and very messy in execution.

3 Likes

I agree with this. I think the heritage armor, being something that will be carried into ‘current content,’ is worth waiting for something awesome. Obviously ‘something awesome’ is horrendously subjective and I don’t pretend to have my pulse on what the majority finds fashionable, but the Worgen heritage seemed a bit too…polished. I would have hoped for something a bit gritty.

I write that while the hypocrite in me acknowledges that I have 0 Worgen characters and thus really have no…uhh…dog in this.

edit to add: I like the addition of a ‘light’ new system per major patch. It seems as though they’re paring down the original artifact weapon and spreading it over multiple items - maybe it makes it easier to tune because they can isolate each ‘system,’ e.g. essences over this new one, without having chained interactions? Pure speculation on my part, however.

Well i guess i play new star wars game.

Is there any plans to make Vulpera, like, playable on Alliance… or is this, like, just, strictly Horde… forever…

so there’s been;

recolor belf
draenei cosmetics minus the whip tail.
Recolor Dwarf
Alliance Ogres
2.0 Gnomes

vs

Gold Plated new model Trolls
Orcs with adjustable back postion! (done to classic ones too)
Moose Tauren (everyone has a low point, guys)
LED Elves with glowing god damn armor.
Unique foxes
also for note; Blood Elves given gold eyes.

… good work, Horde.
Made out like bandits this round.

2 Likes

The new xpac will introduce all removal of race faction limitations.

I’m sorry, we got:
half a AR as the Zandalari women are just DS but bigger.
Orc recolor
Tauren with new horns
Sad imitation of the low quality NB models from Suramar
Foxes with kinda limited customization

You get
Neat particle effect elves with facial hair the Belves have been begging for since BC
Recolor Draenei
Furiosa dwarves with awesome fire hair
The only AR that actually got it’s own model
Cyborg OP racial gnomes with customization out the whazoo

Look! We can play the same game about how based on our tastes it might seem like the other side made out better than the other!

What’s with the mechagnome hate? I think they’re awesome.

1 Like

Following up on the Worgen heritage armor, why wasn’t something like Genn’s outfit used as basis for the armor design? It certainly has the Gilnean influence with the use of a distinctive long cloak:

Instead, the Worgen heritage armor looks like a Darkmoon dinner jacket with some Pandaren shoulder pads thrown on it.

3 Likes