Watch Shadowlands: Dark Abduction

We did conveniently re-learn power word shield somehow after forgetting it for years this prepatch :sweat_smile: ( assuming Manduin is holy still but it looks like theyre changing that too )

To be fair blizz even forgets about shackle undead.

We havent had a real reason to use it since like the revamp for shadowfang keep and even then

Video is so stupid. King gets abducted in open place, broad daylight in his own city. Biggest city in alliance has zero air defense, no guard nothing. Yes, it is fantasy world, but there are mages and gryphon riders right? No one noticed portal opening or flying object coming from sky? Why do we even have war when we can just kidnap or assassinate leaders in their own city? Is SL writing going to be this bad as it did on BFA?

4 Likes

Oh no, what will she do next? Pre-order Shadowlands to find out!

I will quote myself from the story forums:

Okay, so this is the level of writing for Shadowlands?

Well, this will certainly be entertaining! More akin to how a z-movie or any “Killer Shark”-movie can also be entertaining, but entertaining nonetheless!

Isn’t Anduin a powerful magic user as well, why didn’t he just blast those fools away. I understand why it happened the way it did for an exciting story standpoint but blizz come on you make some characters look absolutely weak.

Yet again it is Blizz writing making everyone look stupid just to make Sylvanas look all powerful.

Blizz strikes again. shakes my head in disgust

I kinda like how Nazgrim and Whitemane were the ones carrying Bolvar. And odd yet nice touch, considering Whitemanes once deep seeded hatred for the scourge.

of course lol!

This video had more story in 2 minutes than the entire “Shadows Rising” prequel book!

This is what Anduin and co. should have done.

For those complaining about Anduin getting abducted, keep in mind Blizzard wants us to actually feel threatened by Sylvanas’ actions. It would have been better if they also showed Thrall’s capture or Tyrande’s prevention as well, but all but Tyrande do get abducted.

Also, Anduin may be a great priest, but how many of his spells still require the use of his hands/arms? what was the first thing the Mawsworn chained? his arms. The guard issue? maybe Anduin had ordered them to stand down or keep their distance while he was at Varian’s tomb. Genn? he might be a great fighter, but even if he changed to Worgan form, the chains are magical and I am not sure the Mawsworn ever got in range for him to do much, if any, good.

The only reason I can see them showing Anduin’s abduction, and his alone, is because he was more or less the leader of the ones against her, aside from Saurfang, it would be akin to abducting the king with or before the generals.

3 Likes

For good writing I can offer you 2 MMOs and about 150 single player games.

but for laughs, you dont even need to play wow. the forums are just fine

Our characters don’t get kidnapped we willing go into the maw with the help from bolvar and the shattered pieces of the helm of domination

:roll_eyes: yea uhhh
That has nothing to do with what I brought up. I thought the tree was Teldrassil and asked why it was in the cinematic.

Where can I get this wallpaper?!?

Can Worgen suddenly fly now, or something?

If his cinematic from Legion is anything to go by, his dog legs are great for long jumps.

1 Like

So Sylvanas is going to do what Nelfarion did to Alextraza?! Is she going to take Anduin away and use him for breederating a human/elf hybrid banshee race?

I pictured Genn transforming and just yeeting into the sky to grab one of the abductors and rip the wings off like Kratos murdering a harpy, then using the wings to fly to the other harpy and murder it before catching Anduin and jumping to safety at the last minute.