WASD In Game Movement lag?

So this has been the most frustrated I have been searching for an answer that seems to not exist as a problem??? So quite recently I have noticed that when in games that require the WASDQE movement keys as I hold down my character will run normal for a couple seconds then it will start to jitter like it’s experiencing some kind of lag and if I continue to hold in any movement key besides my mouse double click it will eventually kick me from game! My MS is consistently at 70 or below both world and home, and im running at 120 FPS 99 bare minimum.

I have searched several threads that go along with this however all the answers I have found have not worked. I saw one that says Fn+Q would fix, no go. Also one to find and fix the in game delay rates using some “/” command which I did to no avail. I went through each and every system setting to see if it was the issue and also to no avail. I deleted addons and did a clean reinstall with no luck.

After all this I was about to give up and just redo my entire computer when I noticed it wasn’t just WoW. There are a few steam games that do it as well. ShellShock Live is one when I go to move my tank with the A or D key it jitters terribly! So I figured one of the kids had to have hit some combination of keys to produce this issue but I cant really ask them what it was because they just see pretty lights and go clicky clicky all over my keyboard.

Some other things I have tried was seeing if the key delay was set weird and that was normal, played with it a bit and no change, completely logging out of WoW each time after applying other settings. Sticky keys isn’t enabled and I didn’t think that was an issue anyways because it wouldn’t continually run or anything.

I have searched high and low and still cannot find an answer and trying to play wow is impossible with it happening because if I hold in any movement key (besides mouse movement) it will eventually kick me from game!

Please, please, please! If anyone knows the cause and solution I would greatly appreciate ANY feedback! Thank you!

Hey Vixxan,

This sounds like an issue with the keyboard that you’re using. Some keyboards have functions that will increase the key repeat rate, which causes issues when holding down a key. Basically when you are holding down W to run forward the game is seeing it as you pressing W rapidly, instead of a single press and hold on the key.

What’s the make and model of your keyboard?

Do you have a spare keyboard you can borrow and plug that in to test if the issue goes away?

2 Likes

I do not have a second one on hand but the keyboard im using is a masterkeys lite L

Thanks for that.

Looks like the Masterkeys Lite L does have repeat rate adjustment. The documentation for that keyboard says you can toggle “Normal repeat rate” on by hitting FN + F9

Give that a try.

https://landing.coolermaster.com/faq/masterkeys-lite-l-combo---keyboard-advanced-functions/

1 Like

Yup just went there myself and fixed the issue. I feel pretty dumb atm I was just digging to far into it lol. Thank you Jambrix for being a SAVIOR! Appreciate the quick response times!

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Happy gaming. :smiley:

2 Likes

I am having the same issue with Razer keyboard. Any advice? Razer Ornata Chroma

i’m having the same issue with my laptop’s default keyboard, like to just tap the left arrow key, once, is to spin around in a circle. i’ve only had this laptop for a year and a few months. i tried disabling addons, resetting ui, closing all background apps, my fps has been randomly going from 66 to 7 and back, ever since this patch went live

1 Like

i have this same issue my keyboard is ibuypower kb-ibp-014

I just had this very thing happen because my 4 year old son pressed some things on my keyboard, he was even in my lap! I usually let him jump around and atk things. This time though he pressed some combination that caused this very same issue. I tried looking up my keyboard for the function setting but no luck. What worked for me and fixed the issue was, I had to uninstall the software for my keyboard and then attempt to update it, restarted my computer after that and it fixed it. I had to Google how to do this properly of course. Anyway, I hope this solution helps for anyone else that may run into this issue!