Was using Dalaran as a neutral hub a good idea?

No, his minor change was he admitted that not ALL Forsaken are evil and need to be eradicated. His animosity towards Sylvanas never really changed.

That’s an animosity that sort of started in WC3, when he retreated and pulled his people back behind the wall so they would survive, and has just grown ever since.

Gee I wonder why.

I don’t know.

Possibly the Forsaken (former people of Loraeron) blame Genn for what happened to them.

Lordaeron and Gilneas were allied at the start of WC3. He took his army and hid behind his wall and refused to help them against the Scourge. They in turn were killed, enslaved and forced to kill their own family and friends.

They felt abandoned and betrayed by Genn and the people of Gilneas.

Then we have the events in Cata with Garrosh ordering Sylvanas to attack Gilneas, and Sylvanas nuking them with plague. And killing Genn’s son, even if Genn was the actual target.

There is a whole lot of animosity on both sides when it comes to the Forsaken and Worgen.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the change I’m referrin’ to. I probably just needed to word it better.

I liked that he was such a warhawk and had such hatred for the Forsaken. It gave me a good antagonist as a Horde player.

That’s a major problem with the narrative right now. Blizzard has been takin’ the relatively strong anti-Horde members of the Alliance and softenin’ them up in order to push some sort of “we’re all friends now” between Anduin and Baine.

I would have loved to see the Alliance become a hawks and doves situation with Anduin and Velen bein’ the doves; Jaina, Genn, and Tyrande being the hawks.

Ain’t goin’ to happen, though… and that disappoints me.

2 Likes

That’s honestly the most logical way for it all to happen.

But alas, that’s not how it seems to be playing out.

He withdrew from the Alliance and started building his wall because the King of Lordaeron wanted keep the orcs alive and rehabilitate them.

If that is true they should blame the High Elves doubly so.

All the Forsaken can do is falsely blame others for their own woes though.
I just wish they applied these blame games more consistently.

Its like the Orcs blaming humans of stormwind for the fact that humans of lordaeron (forsaken) put them into camps.
It is surreal.

1 Like

It made sense in Burning Crusade because Shattrath City was outside of the influence of the Horde and Alliance. In Wrath it felt lazy and weak.

I mean, it was fine the first time … it was nonsensical the second time.

However, using Dalaran as the hub for both factions in Legion was merely an extensions of Blizzard painting over a ton of Alliance heroes with neutrality as well. Blizzard did not want to be bothered trying to write an inclusive story for the Horde, so they merely “included” the Horde in a ton of Alliance based content. Seriously Blizz, was it really so hard to try justifying an MU Orc presence against the very beings that tricked them, corrupted them, and destroyed their world?

4 Likes

Wrong. He was given a choice in Gilneas, save his people or kill Sylvanas. He choose the former. In his particular beef with Sylvanas, he just though Sylvanas was a greater threat, and considering where we are he was probably right. Hell, at least thanks to his actions Sylvanas does not have Eyir now.

1 Like

Yeah, instead the Horde will now get Helya and the Kvaldir to claim even more naval power.

I should really thank Genn for his contribution to Horde dominance next time.

Groups set aside their differences and history in the face of a greater evil.

Yes of course. But I miss the Warcraft mantra from the RTS of going into a zone and building a base… even though there was no faction war, it would have been interesting to see another Stormsheild and horde equivalent.

1 Like

I prefer having a neutral hub during expansions honestly. It makes the game feel more alive, IMO. Shattrath and Dalaran were both awesome.

1 Like

I do think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a cross faction AH again, in a neutral city. Not sure what it would do to the prices of all items in the AH tho?

Maybe a town that spans all expacs.

All AH’s are cross-faction already now, have been since Warlords of Draenor.

1 Like

Wow am I behind the times on that…:rofl:

But if it was a wod feature then no wonder why it was forgotten lol

1 Like

Yes because it works for GAMEPLAY. Which is after all the primary thing the game is about.

1 Like

Gameplay is without a doubt the largest reason. Iam sure development time to create two cities outweighs the cost of one by far. Iam not the biggest cata fan but at least it utilized the main faction cities

This is a difficult question. My instincts say no. However a central hub is far less expensive to develop. On the story side, considering we didn’t need a modified dark portal to go into the past cough Caverns of Time cough I think it is pretty clear that story means very little at this point.

Seriously, you’d think a group like the Uncrowned would allow Sylanus to keep doing what she’s doing? Or the Paladin Order? These cross-faction order halls might pull for one side or the other but considering we had just finished a major war I doubt anyone would be inclined to jump right into another. Or kill our brothers and sisters-in-arms.

But hey this is WARcraft after all. Faction war! Woot!.. I’m getting a little spiteful. Apologies for that.

1 Like

We get pulled in so many different directions, legion made us friends without question… then BFA. Which seemed to have been fought on the forums lol

1 Like