"Warthin" is the abbreviation we are going with?

We have?! So then…I really HAVE been living a second mystery life all this time.

Huh. Well, I’m going to find this second me, and make him cough up half the rent money.

Uhm…actually, I’m beginning to see it’s YOU with more than one resident upstairs. Take my advice, and stop listening to him/her/it. You’re being misled.

self declaring victory. also warthin is literally a type of tumor. people irl will just look at you like your insane if you use warthin.

1 Like

Fact is, all past expansions have been shortened to either 1 word (Wrath, Mists), the initials of the main words that make up the title (BC, MoP) a shortened form of the word (Cata), the first letter and the last bit to avoid confusion (Slands) or the letter that make up the key parts of the word (DF), never a portmanteau of the main words.

Legion was its own thing, Shadowlands and Dragonflight were shown as one word in most, if not all, media.

1 Like

so how can legion be on its own if shadowlands and dragonflight also used their own name as the verbage for the expansion.

I am calling it “TWAIN”

You cant stop me.

1 Like

Legion was a bit hard to shorten without sounding foolish, like Shadowlands could be split into Shadow and lands, Dragonflight could be split into Dragon and Flight, but if you split Legion, you get Leg and ion.

nobody was spliting those two.

In print, or whatever, no, but mentally? who knows, we had to get things like Slands and DF from somewhere for the community to shorten those 2.

Keep in mind, most shortenings or abbreviations of names are done more by the community, not by marketing or media,

except marketing and media are still the dominant way to sell a product.

And did you ever see either use things like BC for Burning Crusade, Wrath for Wrath of the Lich King, etc?

i used both.

Should have called it that just to make people twitch.

1 Like

Heh, I prefer Shands and Dlight.

As I would expect from one who is in what would be considered permanent WoW middle or High School.

1 Like

Why do you hate portmanteaus so much? A lot of words are portmanteaus!

Who said I hate them, I like good ones, I hate those that seem to be made only to tick others off.

I mean I can see Warin as a possibility for War Within.

1 Like

TWW or The War Within

1 Like

No, TWW works.

2 Likes

can we please stop feeding the troll?

1 Like

Good news! I made a thread suggestion to change it from warthin to warin! It quickly got flagged and removed as tee double you double youers flagged it as “trolling”. Sticking to Warthin because calling it Warin resulted in thread removal. I guess Blizz preder Warthin, too.