Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

The current honor system was a big mistake too, can we get rid of it blizz?

No its not.

1 Like

doing what? whats too much, typing? Im not doing anything other then that, as I am bored on lunch at work… I disagree except in the overall working of how the ability works, but in an (now a non) applicable use of it, which it is a nerf to technically.

If portions of the PVP community in wow weren’t trying to ruin the game for other players, these changes wouldn’t be happening.

Every exploit that’s possible in classic is being hit 100x harder than it was in vanilla.

Why is that? Why do things that were fine in vanilla need to be changed in classic?

The problem with the #nochanges position is that the playerbase has changed. That’s why a lot of these changes are being made.

5 Likes

Horde drag the match to 30 minutes before they pull Vann, because its the maximum amount of honor from objectives. If the Horde let any Alliance kill lieutenants and commanders there bonus honor starts to go down when the match is over. So yes it does hurt the Horde by letting that happen. Remember you still get honor for HKs and you can make upwards of 4k of that if you manage to fight long enough. A typical match for me is about 9k honor as a healer about 5k for objectives (6k if alliance take nothing) and another 2-4k for HKs.

Someone brought it up in another forum, but it seems like there is a issue between the old school and the new generation. The old school had to work hard to get to what they want or earned and the new generation wants instant gratification. Maybe I am wrong, probably am, but people need to fight for what they want and that means even if losing. As I just spent 90 minutes in queue and 60 minutes in a match to lose to the Alliance generating 6648 honor for myself.

1 Like

I mean it literally is not, MC functions exactly the same as it always has.

1 Like

This is actually true, but the way they are being resolved is also not great.

Look at the greater picture here.

Removing WSG portals is not the issue, the issue is making a change to begin with.

The integrity of the game is that it needs to remain the same as it was in the past.

A change here and a change here can snowball into massive changes overtime.

2 Likes

Yep - cant grief a fellow videogame player by sending him/her out of the BG and giving them a 15 minute deserter debuff.

Good.

2 Likes

Well then convince people to stop exploiting and griefing if you don’t like changes.

4 Likes

Wrong.

What Blizzard intended is irrelevant. What the meta makes of the game is how it should be. This is our game. We asked for it as it was and changes continue to be made.

People should learn to stay clear of the exit portal. Leave the rough edges intact. They’re part of the vanilla experience whether or not it was intended.

Please, for the love of Azeroth, stop making changes.

From
https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcrafts-game-director-on-why-classic-isnt-just-a-flash-in-the-pan/

Just as importantly, Hazzikostas says, is that Classic “is what it is” and that players have to take “the bad with the good”—even if that means missing a boat because a priest mind controlled you. “There is no lobbying the developer to change that because the game is what it was in 2005,” he adds. "It has to be accepted, which then frees everybody to find all the positive aspects, all the upsides of that friction and those inconveniences because there’s a certain acceptance of the downsides."

So what is it, Blizzard? Are we just going to abandon Ion’s philosophy because enough people cried about it?

8 Likes

Thats where your wrong, buddy.

Doing the map change which is needed and eventually happens in the timeline of WoW, I just can’t see that bringing back the player base that stopped playing, the PvE Alliance players. The incentives are just not there now that they got the mount or couple purples they offered.

I know when I use to be on a PvP server back in the day, buying gear with honor instead of rank was enough for me to put up with it in wPvP. Problem I think is this current honor system and how you gain ranks. People forming premade teams might be what pushed this version of WoW over the edge.

No Changes, well except for this change and that change oh and this can be changed here. If these changes are being made can we finally get QoL changes. Calendars, character services, etc…

5 Likes

Classic community: We hate 1.12 AV because there is no reason to PvP other people. Only rush to the end.

Classic community: We think its okay to remove other people from the BG so that we can more easily win.

Bunch of hypocrites.

4 Likes

Yes, this right here, except its only really greifing if you are doing it on purpose constantly, if you did it as a “omg I am almost dead but got my MC off in time and can do put him through that to exit him” I would say that was just a clever use of the ability, not greifing.

Now, all of this is personal opinion, which as I have stated for, I’m fine if you are happy with it, that’s great, I don’t care for it, but its not a big deal to me either, I’m not a priest. But its also kind of a meh change, because how often was this really being used? were ppl in every bg just standing by portals doing this, was there no pvp solution to stop it?

Done deal then.

If you want to get into semantics, legally we don’t own it. But we drove Classic’s existence. It wasn’t something Blizzard wanted to do until there was an undeniable desire for it.

They created it, but it belongs to us. It was made for us.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. This existed back vanilla. For better or worse it must remain.

3 Likes

I mean, I can respect this answer at least. I mean its been my stance the whole time, but it started cuz I got asked for my opinion by someone else here… then BAM got attacked for it. Interwebs man… lol