Warriors will be double taxed from pvp damage reduction

Can you name one that only affects the caster in a passive way?

Off the top of my head considering i havent played retail since S1 of DF? No. But aura changes to specific abilities/empowerments is pretty commonplace in PvP. Any list of Hotfixes for BFA/SL/DF will have a ton marked as not applying in PvP combat.

You think were not getting full damage now ??

What does that even mean LOL

this guy gets it

Which means ā€œif a player has hit you in the last 5 secondsā€.

That doesnā€™t really work with an ability that triggers passively. Iā€™m also unsure if you can swap from "PvE to ā€œPvPā€ combat in the same encounter.

No, as in against player targets it does X and against mobs it does Y.

Anger Management specifically gives rage in combat. Pvp combat flag gives X, pve combat flag gives Y. Its 100% doable within the framework that Retail has established BUT the SoD team would have to be way more on top of PvP changes than the Retail team is.

Factually correct. 1 rage per 3 seconds. Doubling that is a small change. Are you saying something like 10 rage per 3 seconds that ticks right when you enter combat?

That surely is a mystery.

Give warriors an energy bar lol

Idk about 10 but its definitely something that could be averaged out to counterbalance against the rage loss from a global damage reduction. Itd allow them to make sure Warriors on average have the same amount of rage incoming - or at least close - to allow for ability use with the global DR active.

Determining how much to have AM give in PvP combat would require a ton of math and fine tuning to ensure it wasnt so much it turned Rage into Red Energy or so little as to be meaningless.

Is there really anything in the history of SoD or classic in general that suggests this client, rather than the server-side game code / architecture, is capable of implementing PvE/PvP specific tuning? I know itā€™s supposed to be 8.x / BfA client, but really havenā€™t seen any of the tuning features from more modern versions to date.

Theyā€™ve already announced rage normalisation for Warriors in SoD. Just a question of when it drops, not if. On the plus side, that means you donā€™t get double taxed :grin:

They have not announced that. The lead dev has floated the idea of doing it at level 60.

Fair, it is a necessary change though, and will result in not gettinghit as hard with the PvP damage reduction though, so win-win.

@AggrendWoW
Replied
I think you should wait and see how it actually works. Itā€™s a reduction for everyone but there is some nuance around how it works. Also it wonā€™t impact rage. Iā€™m not going to get into specifics on exactly how it works because we want people to make judgements and give feedback once theyā€™ve actually had a chance to play with it.
to Bunger (@Bunger04)'s tweet:
@AggrendWoW the damage reduction change in world pvp will make it impossible to kill priests, paladins, warlocks, and shamans. In battlegrounds, you already need to play perfectly to even have a chance. I donā€™t even play a warrior but they are screwed the most.

apparently it wont impact rage generation per Aggy. just sucks at communicating via non twitter sources.

Hereā€™s my idea, soul link fel guard warlock with master demonologist, and meta

Prolly like 120% physical reduction after the changes

This isnā€™t true. Was confirmed a day before your comment on twitter by Aggrend. But yes other issues are most likely very real.

Warrior is suppose to be the gigachad class why yall always crying about something

which lead to warriors being dog in all aspects of the game pvp and gameplay, but still good at fully wb pve. All they had to do was give warrior utility, avenues of mass aoe or survivability, but mostly still just gave em %dmg increases, which had let to warriors being okay at top level pve and even worse at the rest of the game than even vanilla. Also Warr tanking has been atrocious for all of sod.

yeah we all know rogues, warriors, and hunters are the only ones taking the big hits with these changes, no rage for warriors, no burst for rogues or hunters.

every other class can heal so they dont care, because this is a net win for them.