Warriors need serious damage buffs

You’re trying to tell me that when running with the ball, that a 377 elemental shaman with earth shield can survive a 406 arms warrior training them and smashing all the abilities they have? Every time I dealt damage his earth shield ticked back up to full. Not gonna even bother mentioning how so many classes have the “I’m gonna ignore hamstring” PvP talents or baseline talents, cause that defeats the entire purpose of snares when they are passives that focus solely on marginalizing and eliminating warriors from the game entirely.

I’m sorry blizzard but you have LOST YOUR MINDS. Our damage is in the trash and I’m not even a poorly geared warrior. My worst item is a 370 trinket that never wants to be replaced because people buying carries are apparently blessed with RNG and get the loot box at the end (I’ve seen some sh-t lately and its been driving me up a wall).

Our damage is complete garbage in PvP and you won’t give us the utility we deserve to compensate for it. I was sitting on an affliction warlock and all he did was throw up a few dots and start running away while I could do nothing. Sitting on top of him smashing buttons was only mildly more effective than the Shaman.

It’s more that scaling is in effect than your damage being weak.

1 Like

If the game scales that hard to ‘level’ the playing field, then that’s another issue in and of itself.

How are they scaled up that hard and I’m scaled down that hard where I am unable to drop them below 95%?

Edit: Which further begs the question of HOW IS THAT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD IF OUR DAMAGE IS THAT LOW WHEN SCALED?

why don’t you tell us what you are expecting your damage to be like, we have no idea if you are just qqing about pvp damage not being up to your expectations or if its actually low.

Can’t say I disagree. At max level and low level BG’s , warriors in general just feel like an annoyance. There were times in this games history where “pre-wall warrior or flop” was meta, now it just feels like they are flailing around with spaghetti arms.

1 Like

Ghost Wolf
Instant
Requires Shaman
Requires level 16

Turn into a Ghost Wolf, increasing movement speed by 30% and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%.

Think the highlighted part is what you were having a problem with. I would say don’t waste a gcd on hamstring or any other slow but rather use stuns and burst like hell when their trink is on cd.

1 Like

Well he said running with the ball so I’m assuming dwg brawl. Ghost wolf doesn’t increase speed unless the brawl doesn’t go by dwg rules.

No I was highlighting the can’t be slowed below 100% part which negates things like hamstring.

He’s talking damage though. Or so it seems.

There was this part

Fury > Arms

True I saw that after. His post is all over the place :joy:

Well just looking at the combat logs, Earth Shield was healing back give-or-take 60% of my Overpower, despite having Mortal Wounds.

When I hit buttons to see numbers, I expect my damage not to follow the Legion model of “Assume that Smash is debuffing the target” as a means to balance our dps. That’s a garbage model from last expansion when it was a functional mindset to have.

When I hit MS, I want to see a decent chunk of damage. Personally, I feel that whether or not I am hitting a target with Smash on it, I should be seeing 8-15% of their HP bar go away, depending on a crit. Going off of tooltips on me, 14400 dmg vs 228k HP, that’s ~7% before armor mitigation. I’m hundredths of a percentage shy of 44% mitigation, flat, so with that it drops down to roughly 8k damage. Roughly 4% of my max HP. And considering I have an Azerite trait that heals me for 6200 whenever I take damage (every 6 seconds, which is the same time as the MS cooldown…) Effectively sticking damage from Mortal Strike on its own is 2k.

So Azerite Traits have effectively negated Mortal Strike. Lets see other things to contend with: Resounding Protection is a 17k refreshing shield every 30 seconds. For someone like me, that’s effectively a shield for closer to 24.5k from Armor. That is half of my Bladestorm damage.

Maybe I shouldn’t be using numbers from M BOD items but you get my point, thats the point in the game that I am at and if gear is scaled, then these numbers could in theory translate down, percentage wise, depending on how skewed the gear scaling is.

I’m not saying I want to one-shot people, but I am saying that i shouldn’t need to be doing Avatar with a strength potion to feel like I’m doing any kind of significant damage.

About Ghost Wolf: Hamstring should still slow them down to 100% movespeed, period. This shaman was creeping ahead of me, probably from something like Longstrider, which means that there’s incorrect stacking of speed increases that don’t take into account slows. It means there’s a game-side bug that Blizzard needs to address.

Damage would increase if you don’t bother with the slows. Not that it would have been enough to bring down a shaman solo for a warrior as BfA is not their xpac to shine like Legion was.

Shamans are just tanky in ghost they heal 3% every 2 secs with a pvp talent and can talent a 20% damage reduction (but i think its on the same talent row as earth shield) also theres the pack spirit trait.

That’s another issue entirely then if they’re literally immortal by shifting into Ghost Wolf.