Warriors are so bad even

Trash damage doesn’t count on Razorscale.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely curious where he’s getting that from… probably talking out of his butt per usual but if that’s a common misconception other warriors have, we gotta fix it.

Maybe he’s looking at details?

2 Likes

No you can’t and no they won’t.

1 Like

I don’t see why they wouldn’t keep the “buff”… it was a marginal buff (blizzard created a new glyph for it) and it won’t scale like ArP since it relies on SP which isn’t something pallies are actively looking to add (as a ret).
It will scale, of course, but it’s based on a secondary stat so it’s not going to buff them into the stratosphere the way ArP will.

Okay I was mistaken… it’s apparently based on AP… yeah, that’s going to scale pretty well for them.
Thought it was SP.

We scale well and are on track to do okay - but we are not scaling as well as predicted and full ICC BIS won’t make up that difference. We’re not on track to hit S+ tier by ICC. We’ll be ‘okay’ and … that’s okay.

1 Like

Yep it’s a pretty big spike. That’s the thing people get wrong - Warriors don’t scale “insanely” with Arp. We scale “Insanely” with Arp coupled with weapon damage increases. So, we get a massive spike in relative power when we get weapon upgrades. However, it then evens out.

So, we are improving, we will improve but we won’t be S tier - we’ll be okay. We’ll catch up to the pack and may even hit A tier.

1 Like

Nah, it’s not.

That actually comes as a relief.

They’re going to be nutty in ICC if they keep the buff. The big thing the 2 piece gives Ret is a boost to their scaling with AP. They will be A+ or even S tier in ICC. Easily doing as well as Fury in that phase - potentially better.

yeah, I didn’t realize it was AP… it should be SP to prevent the scaling insanity that will come.
I know their melee spells/attacks are AP… thought HoR was like Consencrate and an actual spell.

Frost mages are beating marks hunters as well. You hear nothing from us. Just goes to show what kind of person plays a warrior.

They arent the top jump up and down and enjoy the ride in the wabulance.

1 Like

Nah - I feel bad for Hunters. Marks specifically. I think you do Warriors a disservice stereotyping us like this. The Warriors that don’t complain (the majority) aren’t exactly going to be found on the forums complaining are they? ;p

If Blizzard were going to really genuinely engage in class and spec balance I think there would definitely be a case for Marks (and Feral).

The patch we are in and some of the coding make all physical damage dealers worse off than many expected.

In fact the barrow I’ve been pushing hasn’t been just for Warrior buffs but rather for a more consistent and metrics driven class balance program from Blizzard.

Is it that surprising though, that there are a few unhappy Warriors about? I mean, all the private server “experts” were telling us how great we were going to be late game (along with Marks, and Feral) and now it’s starting to click that they’ll just be okay. Inflated expectations will do that.

2 Likes

“We want to preserve the experience many of us remember of never worrying about class choice in Wrath. Our goal is not perfect balance. Instead, we’ll strive to narrow large overall gaps in performance each phase. WoW is a social game and to the extent players act in their own interest, they avoid – and reject – classes and specs falling too far behind.”

That’s what I want to see. It’s simply common sense for replayability, longevity and profit. If devs don’t do it now, they’ll do it for future releases wishing they had earlier.

1 Like

The goal is fine, I’m more looking for Blizzard to commit to the how. I don’t think the wow playing community is unbiased or competent enough to be counted on for feedback on this.

For instance, I don’t object to the Ret buff but I object to the ad-hoc and community driven way in which the need was determined.

If we want a situation where people don’t feel entitled to ask for buffs or nerfs there needs to be a communicated system that Blizzard use to determine when it is needed.

1 Like

I hear you. Although would likely take engineering work, by far the easiest design would be top-level, flat percentages. No mechanical fiddling, as cool as it might be.

1 Like

The exact buff that ret got was suggested by a ret paladin, who (shocker) is a part of the community. This was done through feedback.

Agree 100%… that seems to be the serious sticking point.
It was tiring when rets did it and it’s just continuing with different classes. They need to have a separate forum section just on balance.
They have the class specific ones but I think a general class balance one is needed.

If someone is playing a warrior based on the information from private server players then they made a mistake.

I play marks spec because i love it and dont care if we are supposed to top the meters in ICC.

1 Like