Warrior Utility

Warrior needs utility beyond Commanding Shout and the other Shouts people say are utility but are never taken because they’re so bad.

Two Words: Endurance Aura.

Passive Movespeed buff like Windwalking with potentially an attack speed/haste buff, pending balance.

Wow devs you can send the royalties straight to my bank account, thank you.

Sorry my brain just blue screened, what?

Intervene should be a flat dmg reduction on target

Rally should give 20% HP minimum

2 Likes

I don’t think this would make them more desirable, unless it is some group damage buff like the second part of your suggestion. Most classes have enough mobility, and druids and shamans are brought to dungeons because of there group mobility spells.

Desirable utility in my opinion starts with the needs for the dungeon

• Lust, Bres - always needed and valuable until they buff drums or have some way for players to have access to a bres without being an engineer.
  • Hard CCs, Dispels/soothes - Dungeons and affixes in the past have required long 30s-1min CCs (1st boss in necrotic wake), as well as spells that remove deadly poisons, diseases, magic, curses, and enrage effects.

and then you have stops, which most classes (at least dps specs) seem to be fairly balanced on, that are really valuable. As well as spells to help skip certain trash, group mobs more quickly, or group defensives.

I have heard and read some warriors asking for warrior to have unique utility, but I don’t even think they necessarily need anything unique, just anything that most other classes have will more then help with warriors issues getting into pugs and contributing to their group aside from doing damage.

I wrote a lengthy post (Warrior Class Tree Issues) about issues in the class tree and some utility solutions, let me know what you think.

With that being said, I and many others agree with you that warriors need more utility in dungeons.

just bring back vigilance when it was a 30% DR CD we could apply to someone.

1 Like

What shouts? Tbh in order to be good dps we sacrifice piercing howl and intimidating shout, so we have even less utility

2 Likes

Even if we could talent into PH and IS, and the rest of our utility for that matter, we still have the weakest dungeon utility kit in the game. We need most utility and less damage talents in our class tree.

Each build can get away with ~2 points of customization, though you’re typically dropping lesser defensive talents for extra things, rather than damage.

Endurance Training is the big exception to that, but the entire row is scuffed due to how disproportionately imbalanced those talents are. Frankly, the entire row needs to be rebalanced or reworked before you could ever consider dropping Wild Strikes (as Arms) or Armored to the Teeth.

1 Like