Warrior or rogue?

I am trying to decide which class to main. Please could you help me?

1. Which in your opinion is more fun ? (Better and engaging rotations)
  2. Better mogs?
  3. Better animations?
  4. Better in pvp?
  5. Better in pve?
1 Like

Go Warrior. If you go Rogue, and you’re too good, people will complain that you’re too OP.

1 Like

Pick pocketing sucks in SL, and it was bad in BfA, so I feel like they’re slowly doing away with it. Also, you can unlock chests with inscription, so there’s that as well. Rogues do have stealth, but very bad self heals (as far as I know).

Warriors have a tank spec, which means more variability. Their playstyle in general rewards constant combat, which is nice as an expansion ages. I believe they have much better transmogs in SL, as the plate gear is some of the best.

Rogues have good representation in PvE, but they don’t have a tank spec.

I have no idea about PvP, but people seem to complain about Rogues a lot.

1 Like

Rogue here! Did have a warrior back in BFA as well.

1. Fun? - Defo rogue. Fast paced. pew pew pew. High mobility is huge.
  2. Mogs? Race makes a big difference. I’d say leather are not as “sparkly” as plates.
  3. Not sure how to answer that. Warrior is bashing animation. Rogue is slicing and poking. But given how you always have main filler abilities, their animations are the same.
  4. Can’t answer that.
  5. While both can be strong, in M+ scene specifically, Rogue is more common than warrior imho due to utilities.

Rogues bring the following to groups:

1. Constant stuns, interrupts and hard CC
  2. Shroud (so people can use pots freely and not worry about 5m CD for invis pot)
  3. Solid AoE slows.
  4. High mobility to evade damage.
  5. Strong defensive toolkit to ease it on healers.
  6. Threat redirect to help tanks.

Warriors bring:

1. 10% AP buff - only works for physical classes.
  2. AoE slow.

Could be bias. I find rogues to be fun. Outlaw is a lil bit of RNG, but I love it.

3 Likes

Fun and mogs are subjective. I personally find the weapon choices of warrior to offer a lot more variety.

PvP? Depends on your playstyle, but rogue can be a lot of fun if you’re a lone wolf type. Otherwise, warrior is in a great place right now.

PvE? Warrior, I suppose.

1 Like

I main rogue, so I am biased.

Having said that, Rogue is the correct answer unless you will miss the option of going prot or you want to go Tauren or Draenei (no rogues, see). Once you get used to it, stealth & vanish become very hard to live without, and very few specs have as high APM as outlaw rogue if you enjoy twitchy fast-pased gameplay. If you don’t like high apm, assassination has one of the lowest APMs of any spec.

I can see you are levelling a rogue right now - they are squishy to level, and can’t take down 5-person elites easily - warriors can switch to prot and become unkillable, whilst rogues get 15 secs of evasion. At higher ilevel you will be able to easily cut through outdoor content as either warrior or rogue.

1 Like

warrior they got tank and don’t remember anytime that at least one of there dps specs wasn’t really good.

Between outlaw rogue and fury warrior, which is better in pvp? (or less worse)

1 Like

It is hard to say who is better.
Warriors can self sustain themselves much better and dive with a little more confidence.
Rogues are all about burst damage, sneak-sneak, pew pew, vanish, and repeat.

Rogues can totally cash out higher bursts, but warriors live longer. Take your pick.
Rogues got better chase and CC management. Warriors can become unstoppable force if played right.

At the end of the day, it all comes to gear and skill. Try getting both to roughly level 35-40 and do RBG’s on them.

Warriors can withstand high physical damage, while rogues got a bullet proof anitmagic CD + evasion. Short duration, long cd, but can be vital vs bursts.

1 Like

Rogues are pretty much better in every aspect of the game aside from PvP if you have a dedicated healer

Warriors have Condemn tho so they win the better looking ability race

Sub is better for PvP. Arms is better for PvP. And Arms is ABSURDLY good in that department.

Yeah but I think I will be playing Outlaw or Fury just for fun

1 Like

Go warrior, we are full.

No one pvps as outlaw lol… its sub

but Sub is boring as hell

fury warrior, constantly hitting stuff without down time and just has different different degrees of fast playstyle

rogue is fun to level though if not some of the most fun (although i do miss WoD’s death from above more than the current pvp talent that is just 10% more damage), just end game it slows down a bit where warrior stays the same speed if not faster.

I toke rogue and never looked back

1 Like

Warrior v Rogue in PvP used to be so laughably unbalanced in favor of the warrior.

Warriors lost something when that extreme rock-smashing-scissors element was removed, which was an overall net loss for the game as a whole.

warrior dude

Reason: Big shoulders mang!

2 things changed

Overpower

The damage mitigation of plate armor as a whole becoming less effective in scaling in addition to the sneaky stabbers getting access to more elemental damage in assassination and sub specs

I think warriors not having the extreme “I’m rock! Smash scissor!” is nice considering warriors can now stand up to stuff that used to be their paper significantly better.