Warrior Glaives TBC?

The reason Illidan is dangerous is because Shear can’t miss, which removes a significant portion of Defense’s value.

Shield Block has an absurdly high amount of block chance built into it, almost guaranteeing combat table coverage.

A decently geared Protection Paladin can reach that cap, as well. Holy Shield exists, if you weren’t aware.

The real issue is that Protection Paladin sacrifices quite a deal of threat generation to obtain that cap whereas Warriors have it built into their toolkit with Shield Block.

As for Bear… they can reach armor cap in T4 gear. They have 3-5k more HP than Paladins or Warriors, and they have upwards of 70% Dodge in T6 gear. It’ll be fine.

I’m sure you’re kidding, but just in case you aren’t…

Thori’dal increases attack speed equal to having a quiver equipped.

1 Like

I don’t know why they dont think a pally would have a hard time. 102.4% avoidance with holyshield up wont be that hard for a prot pally that been main tainking.

1 Like

Not kidding at all. It’s clearly a rogue weapon and the attack speed was added to the bow so rogues can get faster bow attacks off in pvp.

I wish you luck in your acquisition. lol

1 Like

Thank you for proving my point. Guilds will give up tons of single target threat, and potentially wipe wasting hours on bosses that a prot warrior is better suited for.

Always appreciate the forum back up. Adds to my day. You’re correct, it will be fine. But, fine doesn’t mean ideal or good. 99% of guilds will run with a prot warrior simply because it is easier and better. I didn’t say it was impossible not to.

Edit: and yes, they can be uncrushable but holy shield only adds 30% chance to block vs sheild block which is 75% chance in the warrior. Because of the threat issues and need for spell power as a tankadin it can make getting the extra block chance more challenging.

Your argument is that it is possible. Mine is that of course it is, but it is more challenging and less desirable, and therefore for many guilds not worth doing with a prot warrior is technically better for many fights. You’re not gimping a raid by raiding with one of each tank type, but you can certainly make the point that the raid is being gimped by running double feral/prot or double prot/feral.

Agreed.

I think it’s important to understand why the meta forms, though, and not perpetuate misconceptions about the state of things. People don’t use Prot Warriors on Illidan because a Prot Paladin can’t reach the CTC cap. That’s just silly.

1 Like

why would you even want to play fury with no world buffs

Great plan. Many will try, few will succeed.

2 Likes

LFM BT GDKP warglaives hard rez for 20k

1 Like

Illidan’s Shear can be handled by a Paladin without much issue since Redoubt stays up tremendously often. Druids can also do it in a pinch if they’re EH stacked to the extreme at that gear level such that the Health reduction doesn’t leave us susceptible to a Crushing Blow gib.

Reliquary of Souls requires a Spell Reflect for Deaden, that’s it, and it isn’t even catastrophic if you just flat out kicked every cast of Deaden since I know my Rogues/Warriors/Shaman were super trigger happy about that crap back in the day to catch Spirit Shocks. Essence of Desire wasn’t even the tough one to get through.

LOL no, not even close. Paladins absolutely outscale Warriors if we get a Sunwell tuning patch for talents for survival, and Druids are just monstrous with single target threat. I can’t compare threat between Paladins and the others because I’m not satisfied with the bits of formulas and modifiers found on various sites so I’ll reserve judgment, but Druids can handily outpace Warriors.

You’d use a Protection Warrior as MT not because of some superiority while Tanking, but because of their utter uselessness as an OT. They can’t keep up with what Druids can do as OTs who don’t have to Tank 100% of the time or simply need to stay 2nd on Threat, and the Protection Warrior can maintain Commanding Shout and Sunders for the Tank team.

Protection Paladins get substantially better Health scaling than Warriors while using gear that matches Warrior Stamina values in most slots. Ferals also substantially outscale Warrior Health as well…

What are you talking about?

Which only matters if threat is a problem, which it really isn’t even on EH stacked Druids, let alone Agility/Strength/Haste stacked Druids, so the insistence that we even need to belabor this point is kind of silly. All three Tanks can hold aggro pretty easily, even without dedicating a lot of gear/gems/enchants towards that end.

1 Like

For the same reason why they don’t bring rogues, They only have so many slots and there are many powerful group buffs that fury arms and rogues do not help at all with, they only bring damage and during the early tiers they are NOT going to be close to top DPS, it’s much better for the raid if they maximize those buffs.

The only way you’re going to be able to go to raids as either is if you have existing friends willing to sacrifice a valuable spot for a friend, otherwise goodluck with pugs and strangers.

Nice essay. But its based off… what exactly? Because… based on the real world examples of actual sweaty guilds clearing actual content in actual TBC (or as close to it as we have right now…) there are a lot of dps warriors including fury, and few/no Elemental/enhance shamans/boomkins/ferals

If you’re not prepared to be the guild leader it’s rough. Burnout is very possible. I’d recommend just finding a guild and be one of the hardest working and most helpful people in the guild. Help people run dungeons whenever they ask for help. Bring consumables for people. Donate lots of crap to the guild bank. Parse really well.

That’s what I did and I’m getting my legendary. 28/40 splinters. Just a few more Naxx clears. And that’s despite everyone telling me druids are bad healers and that they are the worst class in vanilla. I just ignored the naysayers and proved them all wrong and then laughed in all their faces.

This meme again. There aren’t enough /facepalm emojis to adequately respond to this… but I’ll try. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

In terms of survival: Druids > Paladins > Warriors
In terms of single target TPS: Druids > Warriors ? Paladins
In terms of AoE TPS: Paladins > Druids > Warriors

1 Like

o lordy, the glaives drama…

In terms of survival: Pepperoni > Pineapple
In terms of single target TPS: Cake ? Pie
Iin terms of AOE TPS: Square > Rock > Mushroom

See? I can type nonsense on the internets without anything to back it up too!

1 Like

So you’re sayin glaives are given to rogues because they are terrible in tbc to make them better? I highly suspect in TBC classic rogues might be a bit better than once thought… look at fury warriors dominating this time around, in vanilla they were slim to none. I still plan on maining a rogue in TBC despite what everyone says about them.

We’ve been over the survival thing more than once, Warriors lag behind the most thanks to having the worst scaling of all three Tanks.

If I have to show you how Paladins beat everyone out for AoE threat, you’re an idiot. Druids AoE better than Warriors thanks to Swipe being significantly better than Thunderclap/Cleave, and tab Maul/Mangle/Lacerate is better than tab Heroic Strike/Shield Slam/Devastate.

I can’t finalize single target threat comparisons because I don’t have Paladin formulas, but I know from experience that out TPSing a Warrior is easy on a Druid, especially since I can drop so much EH without endangering myself compared to a Warrior.

Literally false about the pally.

Like, absolutely false.

Druids I already said get a higher health pool.

It is clear you have almost no experience in TBC end game tanking other than a quick google search of cherry picked data that is incorrect.

1 Like