Warrior animations

are bad. A lot of races Horde side have this stupid pirouette style golf swing they do for hard hitting abilities like mortal strike, makes it impossible to enjoy warrior on anything but moo cow so far…when my heart is orc.

Any other good animation out there in warrior land?

4 Likes

The animation being good or bad is subjective between different people.

Perso my favorite race on war for the animation would be kultiran

Tauren is beast mode. I’m not biased lol.

I’m digging big fat panda right now, heaven help me.

2 Likes

Me too! Pandaren warrior animations are great too, especially with two handed weapons.

What a strange thing to argue, but I guess I can see your case. As a Night elf, I feel my attack animations are very fitting and stylish. My Nightborne is the same, (most likely because they use the same mesh skeleton base). Some races do have very lame attacks. No style, or flare, just straight cave-man unga bunga. Which is what some like. Can’t give everyone the same animation, cause that would be meh. Still, it’s not something I would base my decision on for choosing my race/class.

For some races, a move primitive animation is fitting, where your putting your whole weight into the swing. I think they were copy pasted to all races.

Like i said with orc, they start the swing facing away from the opponent… not very smart for an arms warrior to begin with, and the swing looks like a golfer trying to clear a building.

And I don’t even know what execute is supposed to be.

the underhanded golf swing is terrible, i’d appreciate an option in the game menu to disable these and use one of the racial swings instead.

Despite liking Orc (F) for transmog, I went back to Undead (F) because of the flip animation. Bloodthirst, Devastate, and formerly Heroic Strike all trigger her awesome front flip strike.

I pretty much owe it to Caen’s Thunderfury PvP video way back in Vanilla for getting me to play Undead Female.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve hated the WW animation since it came out a few Expansions ago. It seems like it messed my whole rotation that I still can’t get over.

1 Like

Female NB animations are superb, they are S tier as well for heavy armor and their yelling when they fight is another S tier.

So idk what you’re about my dude, love those spins.

The sound and the time it takes to spin in WW is what gets me, I hate it. It seems like it takes a whole GCD to spin and I’m visual with a lot of things since I have to be under the mobs to hit them. And yes, I mean UNDER the mobs (freaking hit boxes). Red circle means 3 steps closer in to hit the mob… Except for WW, seems like it’s the correct range lol

Yeah, a lot of our attacks don’t have the spaghetti arms that Rogues seem to have.

I love the panda stance when using a 2h! I almost made my war a panda just for that

1 Like

Onslaught looks horrible and hits like a wet noodle

I don’t care much about anything else anyone mentioned but I HATE new bladestorm and whirlwind so much. I’d kill for the originals.

They look so bad to me now :confused:

IMHO, I really wish that two-handers didn’t share some animations with staves/polearms. Not the autoswing, strangely enough, Polearm/staff animations get THREE animations for autos to absolutely every other weapon type’s two. I’m talking about some special ability swing anims. Using slam with a polearm looks…weird when the 2h anim comes out holding said polearm mog…I just wish polearms had separate anims in that regard.

1 Like