WARNO: Calling All Military Vets!

Different strokes and all that.

Personally I couldn’t care less about it and wouldn’t tune in. But if there is a group that want to participate then that’s fine. Maybe it would save me from people ingame going on about their service (I have a ton of respect for WWII vets, they done more and are so much more humble).

Whatever floats their boat though. It isnt going to affect me, so why not?

I was in a guild that ended up dying that I swear was half vet’s. I never served but those dudes have some stories lol

We’re talking about two different things. There’s a big difference between telling stories to a bunch of strangers for entertainment value and talking to a professional and/or other vets that understand.

My dad told me things. My husband, brother and I talk about our deployment because we were all there at the same time, witnessed the same thing. However, I’m not going to jump into a podcast and do that.

3 Likes

How many missions across this bridge did you have? :wink:

PS, thanks for your service. My kid brother was a machinist’s mate on a sub tender and I personally always appreciated our bus drivers and the damn-near Marine Docs (aka Combat Corpsmen) who watched over us. - Signed, former SGT, USMC.

What’s the difference between a tiger and a NCO? Nothing their both just a couple Pu***** with a few stripes. Hahaha

Drunkeldore, we have an Air Force Gaming community if you are interested in playing with fellow military members. You can checkout our post here: [A & H] Air Force Gaming | Cross-Faction Raiding Community | Vault 8/8N.

Nah, im good. the uncensored version’s i get from my old marine friend turned me off pretty good.

He was actually excited to shoot kids, come to find out. it was not a bomb he was holding. but a can of soda.

Lol at the “real vets go to war and never talk about it”

1 Like

I have a few funny stories from when I was in the Middle East that isn’t OPSEC. They’re not hilarious, but I got a kick out of them.

Once a guildmaster set up a meeting where he handed me the reigns because he was being deployed. (he was a marine, we had a few in the guild though I am not one nor American)

After spending way too much time telling him I’ll do my best and to keep his head down and stay out of trouble he finally reminded me it was April 1st

I spent the rest of the day telling him to eat crayons.

i’d add that to the list of podcasts on my playlist for sure.

Edit: Aw i just saw that this was an almost 3 year necro.

Awake is a necromancer, not a druid.

Hard pass. I really have better things to do than share memories with some random people who wouldnt understand anyway. Yall should really stop wearing your thank you for my service clothing too. Its sad.

2 Likes

Dude, I am a vet…and it was just a job. I don’t want special treatment or to talk about my service incurred disability to who knows how many people while reliving it. Think that is a bad idea dude, love the effort, not the idea.

2 Likes

Wrong. You should delete this part because it makes you look like you don’t know anything about what you’re talking about.

True for the majority of people. Not many people really care.

You should probably say correct things when you are rude to someone.

Jaysus, Mary and Joseph.

The last thing this country needs is more glorification of the military.

1 Like

Why is a failed 3 year old idea for a podcast being necro’d?

As a combat vet, i can unequivocally state that everything about your post is stupid.

3 Likes

Yeah with their lowered physical standards and pushing woke-ism among other things, the current military don’t need glorification.

I know this is old, but when I was in the Marines (and pregnant), I had a Lt tell me to go get a chit for morning sickness.

That was an interesting conversation with the Doc.

When I returned from Nam in 1969, the first thing I was told was to keep my mouth shut about being in Nam. We were called baby killers and other insulting and rude things. So for about 10 years I was under some kind of influence. Not a day sober. I wish I had those years back. Never talked about it. I still don’t say much about it to this day.

Enough said…

1 Like