WARNO: Calling All Military Vets!

Don’t worry, America still is and will remain the most dominant military in the world. It’s okay to cater a bit.

Besides, the level of training US military personnel receive from what I’ve seen are superior to most of the world’s militaries.

“The libs are pushing an agenda! Let’s start the anti-woke movement!”

I was only asking for clarification from the person I was responding to on their thoughts on how “pushing woke-ism” reduces the need for military “glorification.”

As someone who recently departed the military after over two decades of service, I have only seen things improve from raised physical fitness requirements and social cohesion through “woke” initiatives.

Which branch of the military has lowered its physical standards? If anything, military fitness tests have become more robust and difficult.

This is a great philosophy. Maybe you should follow it.

I do when I believe I might act with unfounded hostility towards others as you seem to.

I did not say that any specific branch had. Please reread my post as it seems the points made eluded you friend. As a point of fact, I merely pointed out that there is the perception that there are less rigorous standards today.

You will also note I said that this may or may not be correct. Such a judgment or the formation of an opinion is impossible for me without hard data to review and evidence to back it. My stance is that whether this is an accurate assessment or not is a matter for the Generals. Not myself. I am not qualified to make such an assessment.

Yet even without said evidence however, it can be stated that if there ‘were’ a reduction in the physical standards and rigors required to be a soldier, (which again whether accurate or false is something that some believe) then such a lax training regimen would no doubt produce subpar soldiers, leading to more deaths on the battlefield. This is the outcome that must be avoided at all costs.

In any event, injecting personal sexuality and other matters into the discussion to derail any meaningful dialogue on the subject seems counter-productive at best, and self-serving at worst.

The perception exists because people, like the person I responded to, parrot unfounded talking points without anyone questioning their point of view.

Again, asking what they consider “woke-ism” by providing specific examples of some of the changes that have occurred in the military is not “injecting personal sexuality” because it is a change that occurred in the last decade…which is very similar to the Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that I also referenced.

It is strange that you think questioning why someone believes that serving in the military is undeserving of “glorification” would derail the conversation any more than the initial statement already has.

idk where the hell you are from but where I’m from we like to share our stories and achievements in life.

my whole military career was:

Go to Fort Jackson for basic
Go to Fort Gordon for MOS for like 20 or so weeks
Stay at Fort Gordon training people for the same MOS for 4 years

I feel ashamed talking about it truthfully because I didn’t do damn near anything at all but hang out at Fort Gordon and then leave the Military lol

EDIT - Oh, also:

Rise, rise necro thread, a topic of which long thought dead!

Created by moronic power, I summon thee again, intelligence devourer!

Haunt the forums once again, until you inevitably become a bore - Only to be arisen again in thrice years time, forever more!

1 Like

As I have seen this post change multiple times in the last 3 minutes, I will keep it simple.

Have a wonderful day friend.

:shamrock: :rainbow: Love, Creativity, Wisdom. :rainbow: :shamrock:

Lol what?

I don’t think there’s one way to be a vet. Just like there isn’t one way to be an American…
Some people talking about it actually can save their life… Some people shrug everything off and can compartmentalize it.

3 Likes

Stop worshipping military dude, its legit the weirdest fetish on earth, they do nothing other than droning/nuking bunch of civilians.

Everyone plays their part no shame

You must be looking to cause a flame war or bait people. I said no such thing at any point.

:shamrock: :rainbow: Love, Creativity, Wisdom. :rainbow: :shamrock:

Over half these comments are from people who never served, and it shows.

that is…odd.

I know Marines side they have instructors at least get a few years in the fleet marine force then…go back and be instructors. usually this is a 2nd tour more B billet thing.

But yeah…some get this “fun”

I went to school for a year to fix electronics. 1st unit put me in quick and sleezy humvee school (Marines called it incedental driver back in my day…you aren’t motor t officially, but you drive trucks) then I drove them pretty much full time for a year.

went to school for 2 months to learn how to administer unix systems (Sun and HP unix). came off that to drive…5 tons.

Not that I am saying motor t is a profession beneath me. Its a fine trade. crap has to be moved. its was more I went to school for 14 months at least for other things. let me work in my shop 2-3 days a week all I wanted.

and tbh…the motor T mos had faster promotion than mine at the time. If I was driving trucks so much…let me be a motor t mos to pick up rank faster lol.

This is the way