- Warning - 110 boost for rocket

Today they announced that you will need to be 110+ to receive the love rocket.
Last year they announced it was 100+.
Do NOT buy a boost for an extra chance.

Last year about a week after the announce they raised the boost level from 100 to 110. If you buy a boost before event and they raise the level a week later you will have paid for service that is getting improved by 10 levels in about 6 days.

They will NOT bump up your level to the new boost if you put in a ticket. They will suggest you buy another one on the same character though… Last year I was baited by this announce. Just a heads up.

I seriously doubt that Blizzard is going to sell 120 character boosts less than a year into the expansion. That happens after the new expansion has been announced and gone on preorder.

(Etros) #3

No one buys boosts for love rocket chances and we are not getting 120 boosts for around a year

(Muiria) #4

well im sure plenty do. thats the sad state of instant gratification age group

A lot of mount collectors will, I had 22 characters that where eligible for the rocket last year, but I bought a boost for an additional chance.

Anyone have that post about the guy who bought like 15 account all with maxed out character slots only to be whammy’d by blizz with the new requirements

(Kypookins) #7

Yeah, that is kind of a conspiracy theory for what was just a coincidence.

The timing was just right, at that time, to have the higher boost.

Are you well?

Boost level increases have always come with expansion pre-patch releases. We know there are at least two more patches coming (8.1.5 and 8.2) and probably more after that.

This is a non-issue.

(Amine) #9

I can’t believe anyone would do this. I have like 20 110s and I rarely even bother taking one in there because the drop rate is so low I feel like I am wasting my time.

(Huntillia) #10

People buy level boosts just to increase their chances of getting that mount?

(Annastasi) #11

While I wouldn’t do it, and I don’t think it’s a widespread reason people buy boosts, People have been farming this mount for 15 years. Someone boosting a character for extra chances is hardly a sign of chasing instant gratification.

(Muiria) #12

sure its not a main reason but also cant say noone would or does. people buy anything and everything. not everyone does or even thinks about it. but people do.

though i buy tokens for gold ro play for free thats its. it supports thoose people who buy the tokens to sell. :thinking:

An entire guild just spent 90 million gold to get some ilvl 400 gear to try to snag a world first raid clear. Anything is possible these days.

(Tovi) #14

I don’t. I leveled all 30-something of my toons the old way.

Edit: Well… I had to use my boost that come with the xpacs on something so I do have a couple of boosted toons.

If they earned their gold/money, who cares how they spend it. It is theirs, Not Yours.

(Hamstar) #16

A guild that has RL, real money sponsors.

(Leafblight) #17

Is it rare? I had 2 drop in a run i did and it was kinda ugly so i ignored it.

(Tovi) #18

I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶b̶t̶a̶i̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶

I mean the second rarest. I forgot that gladiator mounts still hold that title.

(Leafblight) #19

Interesting. Maybe i’ll try this year.

H̶o̶w̶’̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶?̶

(Tovi) #20

Just Google “strikethrough.” There’s websites out there that will do it for you.