Warmode needs to change

I think I understand now why a good deal of players are calling for Warmode to end.
Some believe it does not gather faction community and others say it’s 5man group favored. I think this is only part of it.

for starters it certainly isn’t as balanced as other forms of PVP in game.
In arenas, SS, and even BB you are restricted to your classes and racial ability’s, the outliers are normal battle grounds, Epic battle grounds, and World-PVP. in normals bg’s and epics you face groups, half of the time are premade whole other can of worms but the point standing is whenever you go into a pvp world quest you find a 5 man group is likely there with 1-2 dedicated healers. And this makes it difficult for any solo player, so much so they may want to avoid it or try to phase hop.
why?
Because its an unfair advantage to face a five man group that has a monopoly on a particular area. Odds are you just want to face other rando solo players out in the world, but now you have walked into a gang’s territory and you of course get bodied. Now its “world pvp” not Assassins’ Creed, so facing 5 man groups is understandable, but there’s no real counter to it out of getting your own crew. But most of the time that falls on deft ears so again, its an added layer of near necessity.
And this doesn’t even mention, world buffs, faction events that grant heavy bonus damage like the centaur Bakar.
No other world arena proves this as an un fun prospect then the Cobalt Assembly where any player who is dedicated can farm hundreds of buffs outside the arena, and walk in as a one-shot’ing god that cant be killed and has no way to be taken out other then them logging for the day. For the one player its fun, but for everyone else its frustrating. Not to mention the exploitation of toys, and quest phasing and hiding behind neutral zones with a bounty on their head.

This is just what I’ve observed. World PVP is a lawless wasteland that favors those who exploit it and gain an advantage that is not usually offered in other forms of PVP, further driving players away from it. At least it grants an incentive for some more gold and rep, but even then its value has dropped quite a bit when other content is more favorable to the solo players of which there’s quite a few.

list of ideas:

1. Cut the world-buffs out and faction benefits.
    1. add a pop-up option to form 5 man groups in World PVP areas, much like the world bosses in the objective tab.
    1. Bounty’s drop if you stay in a rested area for anymore then 3 minutes
    1. fix toy and quest exploits.
    1. make it so five man groups are more likely to encounter other in-phase groups in Warmode.
    1. static flying mounts can now be dismounted by Dragon-riding whirls. Also increased range of wing shredder.
    1. Warmode gear removed, replaced by honor gear with an additional epic tier before gladiator.
    1. Add Healers exhaustion: for every player in your party decease your mana regen by 2%.

These are just some idea’s, and I’m interested to see what others think. I don’t think Warmode should end, but I want it to be better. let me know ya thoughts.
:skull: :+1:

5 Likes

Even if War Mode “ends”, there’s no going back to the old days of PvP servers. They already destroyed the communities that existed on prior PvP servers when they turned every realm into “Normal” or “RP” realms. At this point, War Mode just needs to improve. It’s good on paper but is implemented poorly.

To be fair this was still the case even with PvP servers being a thing. It has always been group favored because more players = easier stomp.

Sorry, I just can’t agree on these. This is the appeal to World PvP. If you don’t like world buffs and consumables, then World PvP isn’t for you. It’s been like this since classic, it’s a big appeal because it’s different. There’s a sort of element to surprise to WPvP knowing that your enemy can do something that you might not be aware of.

The War Mode gear needs to stay because of the fact that some class tier sets are leagues better than other classes’ tier sets. The War Mode tier set is an amazing thing to fall back on for those who’s tier sets are trash in PvP. It also pairs nicely with the world buffs, which are beneficial as a solo player. I mostly do solo WPvP on my priest and survival hunter, and the War Mode gear and world buffs help me against the 4-5 man groups.

The main problem with War Mode is it’s sharding. You’ll either be put in a shard with no enemy faction, a shard with mostly enemy faction and no allies to help you, and rarely a shard that’s 50/50. There’s also the issue of, let’s say Im on an alt and I get ganked, I bring my main out and can’t find the player who ganked me on my alt because I’m on a different shard. There needs to be a sort of “universal” shard for all characters on your account in my opinion to prevent things like this from happening.

Your idea of making 5 man groups more likely to encounter others would likely involve some level of sharding, and the game needs less of that in my opinion, so I’m going to say no on this. However, they should try to keep shards as balanced as possible. Make shards with close to an equal A:H ratio as possible.

Here’s my list of ideas:

1. Fix the sharding for War Mode. Reduce the amount of available shards specifically for War Mode.
  2. Bring back WorldDefense channel (after fixing the issues with sharding)
  3. Incentive to keep War Mode on as opposed to an incentive for enabling it.
  4. Free for All mode for players who wish to kill both factions.
  5. Remove the extra layer of sharding that Chromie Time brings. The scaling of the world for those in chromie time are fine, but those with WM on should be placed in danger like everyone else.

Of course, along with this, I’d also like for Blizzard to fix some of the minor bugs with War Mode such as quest exploits, static flying mounts being able to be dismounted by dragonriding and fixing wingshredder.

War Mode needs to be better.

4 Likes

God yes #tenchar

2 Likes

Honestly, if I had it my way, war mode would have never happened in the first place and I would still be doing world pvp quests in a pvp server with my horde brothers.

1 Like

They should “disable” world PVP buffs if you decide to make a group. Otherwise it’s fair game but there shouldn’t be groups of 5 griefers rolling around simultaneously clogging up world quests or whatever.

1 Like

Some of your solutions are good, and thanks for bringing up the issues because these conversations need to continue if we ever hope to have the problems addressed.

I liked these ones

I thought Alphons response summed up the primary issues which is at its core Sharding, which if fixed would be what I think we all expected Warmode to be.

I agree with what Alphon said here

Of Alphons list of ideas/ solutions I agree with all of them and have been saying pretty much the exact same thing for a while now.

People have been asking for a PvP server lately and I know I for one will not be leveling a new char or paying to transfer to it (might consider leveling one), and I think plenty of others share that sentiment although I really think if Sharding was addressed Warmode would be a better solution than a PvP server but as it stands now a PvP server might actually be better than what we currently have for the obvious reason of MORE PEOPLE.

I think Warmode was a good and necessary solution implemented poorly and at a really bad time. Shame all the fools who chose to play on a PvP server then wanted out later were too foolish to know what they were getting themselves into but it is what is, it’s a game and if people aren’t having fun they leave and Blizz loses money I get it.

Bottom line there are enough people with Warmode on but we don’t get to kill each other because of sharding issues and the quality of life items you guys recommended are the solution that should have already been implemented that would make Warmode worthwhile.

Tagging this fine gentleman here on the Community Council in the hopes he’ll gather some others to take up this case, may he no longer be ignored on his forum posts by the rest of his Council.

1 Like

I’ve given each of your lists a shout out on my PvP Issues Megathread where I’m attempting to garner the Community Council and Blizzards attention to the full scope of issues in Retail PvP. Thank you both for actively working to improve PvP for all of us.

1 Like

i mean quit whining bro. first I can’t go war mode i can’t get quests done ok here is war mode on and off now its turn war mode off they are bullying me no chit… then get yourself a party ,get yourself a guild, i mean do something positive with your wow life instead of complaining bro. consider just playing pve or go download albion

war mode needs to go away. For good lol. Pvp servers were much better