Warlock summons into instance not a thing?

… despite patch notes from 2.4 back in the day stating that it would work. My wife’s lock just tried summoning someone who was in Hellfire into BF.

Just search wowhead for tbc 2.4.0 patch notes, since I can’t post links.

Ritual of Summoning can be used to summon players into instances if they meet the instance requirements.

Not all changes in the final patch work all classic this is by design. For the exact same reason we don’t have access to all the raids, or guild banks or a ton of other examples like dailly quest hubs, they are phased.

Summoning into instances at the start of tbc was locked to the point of them stoping all summons in netherstorm due to the lore of the storm blocks summons there.

This is to prevent cheesing attunments by just eg summoning people to the Kara key shards or cheesing the flying requirements for the atunment.

Thou I haven’t tested if summoning is locked as a whole in netherstorm in classic instances summoning is correctly locked.

2 Likes

I understand why Netherstorm (or at least some parts of it) is/will be out of bounds.

I don’t understand why a warlock can’t summon into like… the 2nd dungeon of the expac. There is no “exploit” to bringing someone in Honor Hold to the halfway point of Blood Furnace.

Probably just a case of simplicity and workload. It’s a lot more work to create specific rules for every instance than it is to say yes/no to instance summoning.

1 Like

If that instant mabye not but let’s look at heroic ub that is used for the t5 attunment can get 3 people there can cycle whole guild to get quest.

So how can you explain that run not working that’s not in netherstorm but blood furnace working. It makes vastly more sense for it to be consistent.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.