Warlock pets

So I’m not sure when to use each pet other than voidwalker for solo and the fel hunter for m+ when do you use the succubus and imp for pve?

As it stands:

Demo always use Felguard, always

Aff/Destro:
Blueberry for AOE-centric fights (don’t forget to take off threat, it’s better DPS for AOE)
Succy only really for CC
Felpuppy if interrupt is needed
High mobility or bosses that teleport or whatever, Imp is best cuz turret caster

But materially all should have the same DPS (except void, I think it’s that he’s best 3+ adds)

For more details you can check out Lock One Stop Shop, but last time I checked this was the case, someone correct me if I’m horribly wrong

Your Imp technically has the highest dps purely because he/she doesn’t need to run to the target to damage it.
The exception is AOE where your Voidwalker has the highest output.

Despite this i basically only use my Imp when raiding and for the final boss in Siege of Boralus (for the purge effect). I mainly use fel hunter for interrupt and it’s ability to eat bubbles which is really strong in a few dungeons like Tol Dagor (Fish people bubbles) & The Underrot (undead Troll bubbles).

imp is niche, some fights, it is useful to be in charge of your own dispels.

voidwalker and fel hunter pretty much everywhere else, fel hunter if you think you may need to interrupt anything(you will)

demo is forced to run felguard, or it will be a damage loss(which we will also be forced into in some fights/content)

succy is useful in pvp, but i prefer fel hunter

in the end, warlock is the worst pet class by a long shot.

Thanks guys for the advice.

2 Likes

This irks me so much about Demo… Of all specs, you’d figure the master of demonology could freely go through their repertoire depending on the situation… Cleave, interrupt, cleanse, etc… And in single target every demon would be equal.

What I think is best.

Imp - raids and/or bosses that don’t require an interrupt.
VW - leveling and sometimes in open world but mostly useless at high level
Succ - PvP and open world. I generally don’t have an issue with casters in PvP so I’ve found the Succ’s slow against melee to be much more useful.
Felhunter - most of everything and generally the default pet.

I like to use Succubus in WPVP and WQs
The slow allows you to kite and unless it’s a rare mob, by the time the trash reaches you, dots have already killed it.